[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Cosmos8 Problem

alan@pmafire.UUCP (alan herbst) (07/22/89)

Whenever cosmos8.exe is run, a message comes up that says, "STARFILE not
found".  The starfile is present on the directory as starfile.oce and the
file checksums were fine.

Is this a problem with my copy or a function of the limited version?

--
----------
Alan Herbst - WINCO Computer Engineering Group

brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) (07/24/89)

In article <693@pmafire.UUCP> alan@pmafire.UUCP (alan herbst) writes:
<
<Whenever cosmos8.exe is run, a message comes up that says, "STARFILE not
<found".  The starfile is present on the directory as starfile.oce and the
<file checksums were fine.
<
<Is this a problem with my copy or a function of the limited version?

It is cockpit error.  You didn't read the instructions with the posting.
The STARFILE.OCE file needs to be renamed STARFILE.  Once that is done,
it works as advertised.
--
	        harvard\     att!nicmad\
Vidiot            ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!brown

lee@minnow.sp.unisys.com (Gene Lee) (07/24/89)

In article <693@pmafire.UUCP> alan@pmafire.UUCP (alan herbst) writes:

>Whenever cosmos8.exe is run, a message comes up that says, "STARFILE not
>found".  The starfile is present on the directory as starfile.oce and the
>file checksums were fine.
>
>Is this a problem with my copy or a function of the limited version?

The problem is that the moderator's unzip program incorrectly named the
file "starfile." to "starfile.oce".

To make the program work correctly,
			rename starfile.oce starfile.

This problem was actually explained in the comment section added by
	the moderator.

If there are any further problems please contact me, the author at

Gene Lee               UUCP: ...!pyramid!pwcs!minnow!lee
Unisys Corporation               ...!amdahl!ems!minnow!lee
Phone: (612) 635-7147     CSNET: lee@minnow.SP.Unisys.Com

If not for the courage of the fearless manager, the paycheck would be lost.

grs@hpcvca.CV.HP.COM (Gordon Stevenson) (07/24/89)

/ hpcvca:comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d / alan@pmafire.UUCP (alan herbst) /  2:49 pm  Jul 21, 1989 /

Whenever cosmos8.exe is run, a message comes up that says, "STARFILE not
found".  The starfile is present on the directory as starfile.oce and the
file checksums were fine.

Is this a problem with my copy or a function of the limited version?

--
Alan Herbst - WINCO Computer Engineering Group
208-526-3939, 0800 to 1615 MDT
Paths: ..!{uunet|bigtex}!pmafire!alan} | ..!ucdavis!egg-id!pmafire!alan
-

I had the same problem with my copy.  By renaming starfile.oce to starfile the problem ceases to exist.---------

swh@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (07/24/89)

Simply rename 'starfile.oce' to 'starfile'.