[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] why so many missing parts lately?

wirun@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Da Ratt ) (07/18/89)

Enquiring minds want to know....

Why is it that there has been so many missing parts of files lately? (it
seemed to start around when Nethack came out.) I thought it was because
our news reader here lost them somewhere in the mail, but when I see
postings from all over requesting missing parts, I have to wonder. Is this
a general distribution problem at the source, (i.e. moderator) or do
they get ummm, displaced in the mail?

No flame, I just want to know. It gets rather annoying having to clutter
up the newsgroup with requests for re-postings.

Thanks.
"This of course is impossible ..." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
   wirun@ucalgary.ca   wirun@uncaedu.BITNET cwirun@uncanet.BITNET

chris@lxn.eds.com (Christopher D. Orr) (07/25/89)

wirun@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Da Ratt ) writes:

>Why is it that there has been so many missing parts of files lately? (it
>seemed to start around when Nethack came out.) I thought it was because
>our news reader here lost them somewhere in the mail, but when I see
>postings from all over requesting missing parts, I have to wonder. Is this
>a general distribution problem at the source, (i.e. moderator) or do
>they get ummm, displaced in the mail?

We are missing a ton of them.  I rarely if *EVER* miss any sources from
comp.sources.unix, comp.sources.misc, or comp.sources.games.  It seems
that there is a problem someplace on the Net where these articles are
just getting lost.

--
Christopher D. Orr                  | US MAIL: Electronic Data Systems (EDS)
UUCP: vu-vlsi!lxn!chris             |          Lanark Building