Date: Wed, 10 May 89 10:16 CST
From:  Chris Adie, Edinburgh University Computing Service
Via: LOWEY@SASK.USask.CA
Subject: Announcing Version 1.00 of OS/2 Kermit, with C-Language Source

The first full release of C-Kermit for OS/2 is now available.  The version
number is 1.00, and it superseeds all version numbers of the form 1.0a, etc.
There are only (literally) one or two bug fixes since the last beta test
release (1.0p).  There are still a couple of unfixed bugs in the DIAL and
SCRIPT commands - probably associated with the code which emulates the Unix
alarm() function, which both commands use.

The sources are now also available.  There are three OS/2-specific sources:

  ckocon.c
  ckotio.c
  ckofio.c

The rest of the sources are the C-Kermit ck*.c and ck*.h files, with additions
controlled by "#ifdef OS2" directives.

Unfortunately, pressure of work means I'm currently unable to do much more
with OS/2 Kermit.  Any volunteers to carry the torch?  You'll need the
Microsoft OS/2 Software Developer's Kit.  The main requirement (apart from
fixing the problems mentioned above) seems to be for keyboard remapping
facilities.

Chris Adie
Edinburgh University Computing Service

[Ed. - Thanks to Chris for this long-awaited contribution!  Chris's OS/2
conditionals have been added to the ckc*.* and cku*.* files, and some attempt
has been made to add the new i/o buffering and file attribute functions to
Chris's code.  The results are all in the kermit/test directory in the ckc*.*,
cku*.*, and cko*.* files (and also in the T: KERMSRV area for BITNET).
Included is a ckoker.boo file, which can be unboo'd back into an .EXE file
using any of the msbpct.* programs from kermit/a.  This boo-file is based on
Chris's original submission, and not on the updated sources.  OS/2 users are
urged to get the sources and try to build the new version, make any necessary
corrections to the OS/2 specific files, and report the results back to
Info-Kermit.  Thanks!]
-----
From decvax!microsoft!leefi Sun Jul 16 08:56:56 1989

I believe that there are a few public-domain OS/2 files on the:
	IBM Atlanta BBS, at 404-988-2913.

You might also try the "OS/2 Discussion Forum", an OS/2-specific
mailing list which is fairly new (I believe it is based in Germany
or Belgium). Here are the addresses I have for this mailing list:

	uunet!blekul11!listserv (subscriptions/listserver)
	uunet!blekul14!tewos-2  (forum moderator)
	uunet!blekul11!os-2     (forum submissions)

There is more OS/2 activity on information services like Compu$erve,
GEnie, BIX, etc.

lee fisher, leefi@microsoft.com, {uw-beaver,sun,uunet}!microsoft!leefi
disclaimer: i was only semi-conscious when i wrote this...
------
From decvax!@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca:LOWEY@SASK.USask.CA Mon Jul 17 00:56:31 1989

  I have a number of OS/2 programs available for download on my
Fidonet BBS (node number 1:140/43, telephone (306) 966-4857.  Some of
the files include MicroEMACS 3.9p, and the OS/2 version of Kermit.  I
also have SEDT available, a lisp interpreter, etc.

  You can dial at 2400 baud or lower any time of the day or night
EXCEPT 3:00-4:00 CST (the fidonet National Mail Hour).

  If you are familiar with Fidonet, you can do a File Request for
FILES to get a list of the files available, then request the files you
need.

  If you are not familiar with FIDONET, dial the number and answer the
questions to get logged in.  Then at the menu type "F" to get the the
file menu, then "A" to list a menu of the file areas available.  The
OS/2 files are in the OS/2 file area, and the GENERAL file area.

  If you prefer, you can send a disk (preferably 5.25" 1.2M, but I can
convert it to anything for you) to the address below.  Acually, about
5 disks would be good.  Perhaps you could stuff some good PD stuff
that you already have on the disks before sending them to me.

          Kevin Lowey
          Department of Computing Services
          University of Saskatchewan
          Saskatoon, Saskatchewan