[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] VGA Screen Savers Needed

Q8N@PSUVM.BITNET (Scott D. Camp) (08/12/89)

I am looking for information on screen savers that work with VGA machines
(IBM Models 30-286, 70, and 80).  If you have information on a favorite
(or not so favorite) program (freeware, shareware, or commercial), please
share the information.

Since the software will be installed in a small computer lab, please
let me know about any known incompatibilities with existing software.

Scott D. Camp                           Q8N@PSUVM.BITNET
Dept. of Sociology                      (814)863-0121
Penn State University

markd@crash.cts.com (Mark Divecchio) (08/12/89)

On my BBS, there is a program called BLANKALL which has worked for me
on CGA, MGA, EGA and VGA (On AT and AT clones, never tried on PS/2).

jeffw@swindle.uucp (Jeff Wallace) (08/16/89)

In article <89223.215212Q8N@PSUVM> Q8N@PSUVM.BITNET (Scott D. Camp) writes:
>I am looking for information on screen savers that work with VGA machines
>(IBM Models 30-286, 70, and 80).  If you have information on a favorite
>(or not so favorite) program (freeware, shareware, or commercial), please
>share the information.

I've been using scrnsav2 for the last six months.  The copy on simtel20
is old and I'm not sure where I picked up the new one.

I've been using it on PS/2s of many stripes (6 Model 30s, 2-50s,
1-60 and 2-70s) without any problems.  Granted, the 30s aren't VGA,
but it works fine with MCGA as well.

>Since the software will be installed in a small computer lab, please
>let me know about any known incompatibilities with existing software.

None that I know of.  I've used it with Novell NetWare, Microsoft
Windows, Word, Dbase, Paradox and a lot of other programs.  I don't
use too many TSRs, so I can't say which ones it has trouble with.

The only quirk I've found is when I'm using Carbon Copy Plus as a
remote user, it doesn't catch the keyboard activity so I have to
click the mouse to let it know I'm active.

Check your local BBSs for it.

Jeff Wallace, Experimental Computing Facility (XCF), U.C. Berkeley
Internet: jeffw@scam.Berkeley.EDU       UUCP:...!ucbvax!scam!jeffw