[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Why pipe to more

las) (08/30/89)

In article <7566@cg-atla.UUCP> fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) writes:
>In article <4348@cps3xx.UUCP> hendrick@frith.UUCP (Hendrickson) writes:
>>Has anybody written another version of more, for ms-dos...

>I have written a version of more for MSDOS which is very much like...
>you can also redirect a file into more, although I don't know why
>you would want to.

Zounds!  This is much more useful than you think.  I use less (tcless -
Turbo C less) and I pipe all kinds of transient output into it for
convenient review all the time.  For example "ls -l | less" - or
"dir | less" if you don't have MKS Toolkit - is very convenient,
especially if the listing has more lines than the display.  The MKS
Toolkit has both more and pg, but I prefer less.

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (cbema!las@att.ATT.COM or att!cbema!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave