[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] SIMTEL ACCESS BROKEN?

uri@arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) (08/28/89)

From article <15503@netsys.Netsys.COM>, by len@netsys.Netsys.COM (Len Rose):
> That usually occurs when the system is busy.. keep trying,and you will
> eventually get in.. I see this occasionlly,but a retry always works.

Sorry, it looks a bit more complicated. So far I had NEVER succeeded
trying to connect to SIMTEL20. No matter if I try it at noon, or 11:30PM.
The only response I'm getting is "Connection: timed out". It NEVER
lets me through. Do you mean it's THAT busy?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Uri.
--------------
<Disclaimer>

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (08/30/89)

In article <383@arnor.UUCP> uri@arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) writes:
>Sorry, it looks a bit more complicated. So far I had NEVER succeeded
>trying to connect to SIMTEL20. No matter if I try it at noon, or 11:30PM.
>The only response I'm getting is "Connection: timed out". It NEVER
>lets me through. Do you mean it's THAT busy?

Uri, the IBM gateway to the Internet has been unreachable for a week.
Ask your system administrator to look into this.  SIMTEL20 has no
control over that problem.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives

uri@arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) (08/31/89)

From article <10879@smoke.BRL.MIL>, by w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen):

> Uri, the IBM gateway to the Internet has been unreachable for a week.
> Ask your system administrator to look into this.  SIMTEL20 has no
> control over that problem.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. I can FTP to many sites, and only
few are not reachable. SIMTEL20 is among those. Where the problem could
be (well, it connects fine to Ohio-State, to Stanford, to grape...)?

Anybody who can help - DO it pleaseee!!

Regards,
Uri.
<Disclaimer>

P.S. As I understand, IBM gateway to Internet is only one-way road -
     i.e. one can't access anything INSIDE from the outside. The
     gateway was set up so that you could access outer sites...