terry@math.ucla.edu

From: hartung@amos.ucsd.edu (Jeff Hartung)

Hi again.  Both SIMTEL20.arpa and grape.ecs.clarkson.edu should have copies of
RAMTEST 3.0 by Brown Bag Software.  It was sent out to c.b.i.p about a year
ago and does what you want.  It should be listed as something like
RAMTST30.ARC.  It supposedly gives great diagnostics, when it finds an error,
but I have yet to have one. :-)

 --Jeff Hartung--
 Disclaimer: My opinions only, etc., etc., BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!...
 ARPA - hartung@amos.ucsd.edu
 UUCP - ucsd!amos.ucsd.edu!hartung

From: santol@ihlpb.att.com (Shawn R Antol)
To: att!terry@math.ucla.edu
Subject: Ramtester

Here is a RAMTESTER ... I do not know how good it is but it seems to work.

Shawn Antol
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL
312-979-5622

From: mac@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Myron A. Calhoun)

In article <1632@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU> you write:
>I am looking for a good memory testing program for the PC/XT/AT.....

I am too.  Please let me know what you get.
--Myron
--
Myron A. Calhoun, PhD EE, W0PBV, (913) 532-6350 (work), 539-4448 (home).
INTERNET: mac@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu

From: Scott Rose <rose@cs.wisc.edu>

Have your way with this code.  Ignore and delte any copyright notices;
these are just part of my template.

(his code here)

From: Michael Fallavollita <mikef@Portia.stanford.edu>

Could you please forward any replies to me?  I too have been looking for
something like this.  I found one that sounded good on Simtel but I haven't
been able to get it to run on any machine.  It is called Ramtest and I get
"Shareware screen error" and that's all.  Please let me know if you get
any good pointers.
				Mike

         _____________
         |            |
         |   Mike's   |
         |    386     |
         |____   _____|			Michael Fallavollita
             |   |			mikef@portia.stanford.edu
     ----------------------
     | [ ]         [     ]|
     |             [     ]|
     ----------------------

From: Mark Riordan <17362MRR%MSU.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu>

RAMTEST from Brown Bag Software (shareware) seems to work pretty well.
Said to test regular, extended & expanded memory.  (Never tried
it on expanded.)

I have a copy I can put on anonymous FTP if you want.

Mark Riordan    riordanmr@clvax1.cl.msu.edu

From: marcs%crplabs@uunet.UU.NET (Marc Snyder)

> Hello, happy net.maniacs!

Well, not always so happy {8^(.

> I am looking for a good memory testing program for the PC/XT/AT.  It should
> able to test base, extended, and expanded memory.  I am currently using

Me too.  I am having some problems with a 386 Xenix system running on a 386
IBM/AT.  I would like to get one of these programs and let it run overnight
or even over a weekend.  I really need to nail this bad ram chip!

> (This is the second time I have posted this.  Sorry for the net.noise, but
> my site was down shortly after posting and I received only 1 response.)

Don't worry about it.  If you get any leads to any good software, could you
please let me know?  Thanks in advance!
---
Marc Snyder                     UUCP: ...philabs!crpmks!crplabs!marcs
System Administrator                  ...gaboon!crpmks!crplabs!marcs
Ciba-Geigy Corporation
Ardsley, New York               Work: 800.431.1874 x2924    Play: 914.592.5234

From: Mark Riordan <17362MRR%MSU.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu>

RAMTEST is available as RAMTEST.ZIP on clvax1.cl.msu.edu

Mark Riordan    riordanmr@clvax1.cl.msu.edu
Mich State Univ.

From: Mark Riordan <17362MRR%MSU.BITNET@oac.ucla.edu>
---
We've been having intermittant problems with our domain name resolver.
The .ZIP file is on 35.8.2.1  (clvax1.cl.msu.edu).
Here's the doc; it's pretty suerfluous if you have the program.

(RAMTEST doc went here)

>From: ihlpb!santol (Shawn R Antol +1 312 979 5622)

I do not have any docs....sorry.
Good luck.