[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Keyboard definitions

f87_ingi@tekno.chalmers.se (Ingi Sigurjonsson) (09/09/89)

Hello!

I have a little problem here!  (everybody say 'Gosh! what's that...).

I have an ordinary IBM compatible at home and I'm using a swedish keyboard
layout.  There is one key which I want to reassign to another ascii-value,
the key is the ',' on the numeric key-pad, the scancode for this key is 83
and the ascii value is 44.  i.e. I want assign ascii value 46 to this key.

I've tried to use ESC sequences but I can't use scancodes in these sequences.
Does anybody have a solution?
Is there anybody who know's about some book which handle's keyboards
definitions?

Ingvaldur Thor Sigurjonsson is mine real name but they always call me Ingi !!!

Thungur hnifur  ==]---->

XA.N73@forsythe.stanford.edu (09/14/89)

In article <1307@tekno.chalmers.se>,
f87_ingi@tekno.chalmers.se (Ingi Sigurjonsson) writes:
>I have an ordinary IBM compatible at home and I'm using a swedish keyboard
>layout.  There is one key which I want to reassign to another ascii-value,
>the key is the ',' on the numeric key-pad, the scancode for this key is 83
>and the ascii value is 44.  i.e. I want assign ascii value 46 to this key.
>
>I've tried to use ESC sequences but I can't use scancodes in these sequences.
>Does anybody have a solution?

The most useful keyboard enhancer I know is a program called
NEWKEY. It's available from most shareware sources, and certainly
from the author   Frank A. Bell
                  FAB Software
                  P.O. Box 336
                  Wayland, MA  01778

All disclaimers apply.  I have been using it for years, and
would find it difficult to do without it.  It can redefine any
and all keys on the keyboard, as well as assign simple or
complex macros to any of them.  It runs memory resident and
will cooperate with any program you load.