[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Anarkey running under DESKview

mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) (09/21/89)

In article <168@sluga.UUCP> joakimf@sluga.UUCP (Joakim Fredriksson) writes:
>	Is there somebody outhere who knows anything about running
>	Anarkey together with DESKview. I have tried but it does not
>	seem to work. Maybe Dv uses another int. for keyboardoperations.
>	If there is somebody with experience of Anarkey and Dv please
>	answer my article.

I'm running it with no problems, under DeskView 386 version 2.2, but I'm also
running DVAnsi first, and I don't know whether that has any positive
influence; it just works.  By the way, are you running Anarkey 2.0?

--
   - Mike Shawaluk
       (mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com  OR  ...!uunet!marque!lakesys!mikes)

joakimf@sluga.UUCP (Joakim Fredriksson) (09/21/89)

Hello everybody!!!

	Is there somebody outhere who knows anything about running
	Anarkey together with DESKview. I have tried but it does not
	seem to work. Maybe Dv uses another int. for keyboardoperations.
	If there is somebody with experience of Anarkey and Dv please
	answer my article.

-  Jocke Fredriksson                                 -
-  Swedish Univerisity of Agricultural Sciences      -
-  Dpt of Operational Efficiency                     -
-  S-770 73  Garpenberg                              -
-  SWEDEN                                            -
-  Internet: joakimf@sluga.se   Tel:46/225/22100     -

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (09/22/89)

In article <1113@lakesys.UUCP> mikes@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Shawaluk) writes:
>In article <168@sluga.UUCP> joakimf@sluga.UUCP (Joakim Fredriksson) writes:
>>	Is there somebody outhere who knows anything about running
>>	Anarkey together with DESKview. I have tried but it does not
>>	seem to work. Maybe Dv uses another int. for keyboardoperations.
>>	If there is somebody with experience of Anarkey and Dv please
>>	answer my article.
>
>I'm running it with no problems, under DeskView 386 version 2.2, but I'm also
>running DVAnsi first, and I don't know whether that has any positive
>influence; it just works.  By the way, are you running Anarkey 2.0?

On my system, it only works within a DOS window; it can't be loaded first
or I get the lock-up.  But even then, there's a strange bug:  when I hit
Ctrl-Break while a Microsoft Fortran program is waiting for input in
a DOS window that has Anarkey loaded, something in DOS gets
broken so that if I run the program again, it can't do I/O without
getting a strange error.  I'm amazed that this bug needs such special
conditions to surface, but there it is.

Duncan Murdoch