[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for CONFIG.CTL

tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) (09/18/89)

[Followups, if any, to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d]

I'm looking for a copy of a  utility that was listed in
PC Magazine's "Productivity" column back in November of 1988.  The utility,
CONFIG.CTL, allows you to alter your config.sys lines on bootup.

Anyway, before I type this sucker in, I thought I would ask if anyone has
done so already.  If you happen to have a copy of the source, please
mail it to me at tim@attdso.att.com.

BTW, I quote from the article: "These programs can be copied but are
copyrighted and are made available only for noncommercial use.  You may make
copies for others as long as no charge is involved . . ."  So, I think
what I am requesting is legal use.

Thanks!

	tim
--
Tim J Ihde				INTERNET:   tim@attdso.att.com
(201) 898-6687				UUCP:	    att!attdso!tim

ph62303@tut.fi (Hartoma Petri Juhani) (09/22/89)

In article <1989Sep17.170340.25910@attdso.att.com> tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) writes:
>I'm looking for a copy of a  utility that was listed in
>PC Magazine's "Productivity" column back in November of 1988.  The utility,
>CONFIG.CTL, allows you to alter your config.sys lines on bootup.

You can find it from SIMTEL20 (26.2.0.74) via ftp. It is in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.PCMAG> named as VOL7N20.ARC. It contains CONFIG.CTL (with source)
and other stuff from that particular PC Magazine number.
							Petri Hartoma

P.S. Hope You haven't typed that sucker yet! ;-)
--
$ Petri Hartoma, Tre University of Technology $ Hervannan Sanomat: "Tutka   $
$ Internet: ph62303@tut.fi, ph62303@tut.UUCP, $ puri taas Hervannassa -     $

tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) (09/22/89)

In article <2049@alva.tut.fi> ph62303@alva.UUCP (Hartoma Petri Juhani) writes:
>In article <1989Sep17.170340.25910@attdso.att.com> tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) writes:
>>I'm looking for a copy of a  utility that was listed in
>>PC Magazine's "Productivity" column back in November of 1988 . . .

>You can find it from SIMTEL20 (26.2.0.74) via ftp. It is in directory
>PD1:<MSDOS.PCMAG> named as VOL7N20.ARC.

I can't ftp from here unfortunately.  However, one person mailed me this
path to it and another fellow (who wanted it as well) ftp'd it down and then
mailed it to me.  At least two other copies have arrived as well (Thanks
guys!).

>P.S. Hope You haven't typed that sucker yet! ;-)

If so, I'm sure I would still be debugging it . . .

BTW, this is a great program.  (I doubt I am unusual in having at least
four different frequently used config.sys files.)  Thanks to all who helped
out; if anybody else wants it and can't ftp I'm willing to return the favor
and mail it to them.

	tim
--

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (09/23/89)

tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) writes:
>I can't ftp from here unfortunately....

Readers at att sites can order files from SIMTEL20 using the netmail
server at vm1.nodak.edu.  The path for att users is:

    arpa!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv

Other Usenet readers may reach that server through any backbone site
that is also on the Internet (see my signature below for a partial
list).  Examples:

    uunet!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
    ucbvax!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
    ames!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv

Please don't say "I can't get files from SIMTEL20" until you have
checked paths to that server or until you have sent netmail to me at the
address below to determine the best path to the server.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives