[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] BASIC

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (10/03/89)

Just out of curiousity --- how many people do keep BASIC alive and
runnable on their MSDOS box?  I don't, never bought the language and
don't intend to.  (I went with Turbo Pascal v3.1 instead, back when I
made that decision.)

dross@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (david ross) (10/04/89)

In article <27043@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
>Just out of curiousity --- how many people do keep BASIC alive and
>runnable on their MSDOS box?  I don't, never bought the language and
>don't intend to.  (I went with Turbo Pascal v3.1 instead, back when I
>made that decision.)

I regularly use 3 BASICs - GW (because its there); QuickBasic (all the
functionality of Turbo Pascal, interfaces to MS Fortran unlike TP); and
UBASIC (love those 2600 digits of precision; try matching *that* with TP:-)

ajk@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Jeff Boerio) (10/04/89)

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:

>Just out of curiousity --- how many people do keep BASIC alive and
>runnable on their MSDOS box?  I don't, never bought the language and

I do.  Actually, I have gotten away from BASIC, and into QuickBASIC.  I
happen to enjoy using it, when I have to.  I mostly use C, though.

      - Jeff

--
Jeff Boerio                   :  Purdue University Dept. of Computer Science
ajk@mace.cc.purdue.edu        :  Purdue University Computing Center Volunteer

wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) (10/04/89)

	Cast my vote as a BASIC user.  I use the MS Quick Basic though.
I never did like Borland's envirnment and I hate Pascal.  Use Quick C
mainly.

-bryon-

dpalmans@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Daniel Palmans) (10/05/89)

>Just out of curiousity --- how many people do keep BASIC alive and
>runnable on their MSDOS box?  I don't, never bought the language and
>don't intend to.  (I went with Turbo Pascal v3.1 instead, back when I
>made that decision.)

I'm using QuickBasic 4.5 and I love it.

Daniel Palmans

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (10/06/89)

In article <12630019@hpcupt1.HP.COM> dpalmans@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Daniel Palmans) writes:
<>Just out of curiousity --- how many people do keep BASIC alive and
<>runnable on their MSDOS box?  I don't, never bought the language and
<>don't intend to.  (I went with Turbo Pascal v3.1 instead, back when I
<>made that decision.)
<>
<I'm using QuickBasic 4.5 and I love it.

Same here.
--
	        harvard\     att!nicmad\
Vidiot            ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown