[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PD/Shareware YACC for MS-DOS???

marshall@alpha.ces.cwru.edu ( ) (10/09/89)

From: marshall@alpha.ces.cwru.edu ( )
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d
Subject: YACC-alike for MSDOS???
Expires:

   Does anyone know of a WORKING YACC clone for MSDOS?
I got TCBISON from SIMTEL20, but I had big problems with
it. The directory separator was hard-coded into it as
'/', not MS-DOS's normal '\', so the supplied executable
woudln't work. I tried recompiling (TC 2.0 at the university)
and succeeded in fixing that problem, but the program gasped
and died with an internal error in map_goto when I ran
the newly-compiled BISON on a simple example from Aho, Sethi
and Ullman's Compilers book.

   So, does anyone have a working YACC/BISON/anything like
it that they can e-mail to me, or tell me where to get
by FTP?

   Thanks a grillion.

   -- Martin Marshall
Warning: this computer frequently posts without my information or
consent. Anything you are reading here should be construed as
opinions only of my computer's CPU chip, and not of any individual,
company, or small furry creature from Alpha Centuri.