[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] I need a "printscreen" to disk file thingy.

rds95@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) (10/24/89)

Hello,

Does anybody know if there exists on simtel20 someplace
a 'printscreen' driver for vga or evga (ati) that can
create a disk file (tiff or whatever; I will import it into
Corel Draw or PageMaker) with GREATER than 1 bit per pixel?

I have one now that makes tiff files, but only for screen
modes that are 1 bit deep. This makes for some ugly pictures.

thank you much,
rob

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (10/25/89)

In article <2110@leah.Albany.Edu> rds95@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) writes:
>Hello,

>Does anybody know if there exists on simtel20 someplace
>a 'printscreen' driver for vga or evga (ati) that can
>create a disk file (tiff or whatever; I will import it into
>Corel Draw or PageMaker) with GREATER than 1 bit per pixel?

>I have one now that makes tiff files, but only for screen
>modes that are 1 bit deep. This makes for some ugly pictures.

I don't know any PD ones that will let you do this;  two commercial
products that come to mind are Pizazz Plus (sp. ?) which is around
$150, supports many printer types etc.  and SCRtoPS which is about
$40 but supports only postscript.  You should be able to read in the
encapsulated postscript files created by either in PageMaker.  I don't
know what Corel Draw can handle, so won't comment on it.  Pizzazz Plus
is available from Application Techniques 508-433-5201.  SCRtoPS is available
from Offe Enterprises 312-357-6679.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!ihuxy!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@ihuxy.att.com