[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] File Completion Utility

lever@linus.UUCP (Mark J. Lever) (10/25/89)

Does anyone know of a file completion utility similar to the one
under the unix cshell for msdos?

Thanks,

Mark
(lever@linus.uucp)

c60c-4ab@web-4f.berkeley.edu (Scott Drellishak) (10/27/89)

In article <75865@linus.UUCP> lever@faron.UUCP (lever) writes:
>Does anyone know of a file completion utility similar to the one
>under the unix cshell for msdos?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark
>(lever@linus.uucp)

The keyboard enhancer ANARKEY v3.0 has great filename completion, command
completion, environment editing, and history substitution all combined
into one great, really small TSR.  I recommend it wholly and heartily.
You can get it from Simtel20, in pd1:<msdos.keyboard>.  You'll be impressed.

( Scott Drellishak
(
(   "Hey there!  Hi there!  Ho there! [smack] [smack] [smack]"
(			-The Mickey Mouse Club in the Spanish Inquisition

jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) (10/30/89)

In article <75865@linus.UUCP> lever@faron.UUCP (lever) writes:
>Does anyone know of a file completion utility similar to the one
>under the unix cshell for msdos?
>Mark
>(lever@linus.uucp)

   I ran across one about a year ago, called FILEC. It's a dedicated
filename-completer and only occupies a K or so. Good stuff. It's very
intelligent about turning its hotkey off in applications. The only
problems I've ever had have been the odd conflict with another TSR.
Fortunately, you can turn off FILEC's hotkey manually.
   I think that the more powerful keyboard enhancers also have filename
completion.

--
James W. Birdsall  jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU  jwbirdsa@pucc.BITNET
   ...allegra!princeton!phoenix!jwbirdsa   Compu$erve: 71261,1731

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (10/30/89)

History, version 1.4 or greater, does filename completion (along with a
very nice command-history implementation).  It is free, and comes with
source code.

Anarkey, v3.0, does the above, provides aliases and other goodies, and
can live in EMS with a <1K overhead in real memory.  It is shareware,
and costs $28 inc. shipping.  No source code.

At better msdos archives everywhere :-)