[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Comp.binaries.ibm.pc

diwarner@sdrc.UUCP (Mark_Warner) (09/11/89)

I am for having comp.binaries.ibm.pc moderated but hasn't the net been dry
a little too long.  Does anyone know what kind of schedule there is for stuff
to be posted.  I believe Rahul was doing a great job but with the net being
empty it is for the birds.  I am not saying lets remove the moderation but
lets take a look at getting things rolling again.

Mark Warner                               |        UUCP: uunet!sdrc!diwarner
SDRC                                      | Compuserve :  73417,3552
Milford Ohio                              |    This space is for rent.

fredf@microsoft.UUCP (Fred Freeland) (09/13/89)

In article <796@sdrc.UUCP> diwarner@sdrc.UUCP (Mark_Warner) writes:

>lets take a look at getting things rolling again.
I second the motion. It's been a long, dry spell. Does anyonw know
definitively, what Rahul's status is? Will he ever have net access again?

--
Frederick F. Freeland Jr.                        "Of all the things I've lost,  Microsoft Corporation                               I miss my mind the most!"   16011 NE 36th Way
Redmond, WA 98073-9717 (206) 882-8080                                                                                                                           internet: fredf@,microsoft.beaver.washington.EDU                                arpanet:  fredf%microsoft@uw-beaver.ARPA

dhesi@sun505.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (09/13/89)

In article <796@sdrc.UUCP> diwarner@sdrc.UUCP (Mark_Warner) writes:
>lets take a look at getting things rolling again.

Nearly there -- thanks for everybody's patience.  Moving took more
effort than I had expected.  All my stuff, including a tape full of
pending cbip submissions and my moderation software, is due to come out
of storage tomorrow.

The newsgroup will be in full swing within about 7 days from now.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi

frotz@drivax.UUCP (Frotz) (09/13/89)

diwarner@sdrc.UUCP (Mark_Warner) writes:

>I am for having comp.binaries.ibm.pc moderated but hasn't the net been dry
>a little too long.  Does anyone know what kind of schedule there is for stuff
>to be posted.  I believe Rahul was doing a great job but with the net being
>empty it is for the birds.  I am not saying lets remove the moderation but
>lets take a look at getting things rolling again.

	How about we find out what Rahul's input queue looks like
before we start a rush for action that may not exist...  I say this
only because Rich $alz in comp.sources.unix and Brandon S. Alberry
(though not as much) in comp.sources.misc are also experiencing input queue
droughts...

	No need to go off half cocked...;-} (Something I tend to do
more frequently than I wish to advertise;-}

--
Frotz

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (10/25/89)

Since Rahul got set up at his new job I have seen (at most) only a couple of
dozen postings on c.b.i.p., and ithas been a couple of weeks since the
last one I saw.

Is Rahul's input queue really so short that there is nothing to post?? or is
my feed from that group somehow going into the bit bucket??

I sent him a package of my own to post six weeks or more ago and haven't
seen it either, so I am beginning to wonder where it is all going????

H E L P !!

Fred

dhesi%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) (10/30/89)

In article <7817@cg-atla.UUCP> fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) writes:
>Since Rahul got set up at his new job I have seen (at most) only a couple of
>dozen postings on c.b.i.p., and ithas been a couple of weeks since the
>last one I saw.

The input queue is quite big, but the newsgroup is up to full steam now
and you should see about 4-5 postings daily.

Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi
Use above addresses--email sent here via Sun.com will probably bounce.