[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ftp sites

thollowe@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tom Hollowell) (06/21/89)

I would like to know if anyone has a list of the ftp sites available.  I have
read about them, and have been trying to find a few things that I know I can
get from ftp, but have been unable to access.  I have seen a list with the names

and corresponding numbers for the sites, as well as what types of files they
conmtain.  Has anyone else seen this?  Could they send it to me?

Thanks in advance.

--
"If more of us valued your ways, food and cheer above horded
 gold, it would be a merrier world."

c-msmith@wasatch.utah.edu (Matthew Smith) (06/24/89)

The most recent list of anonymous ftp sites can be found at mailrus.cc.umich.edu
at ftp site 35.1.33.86.  I'm not exactly sure which directory it's in, but on
the list I have, it says that it's kept under ~ftp/archive-sites.

Matt Smith
c-msmith@wasatch.utah.edu

PS:  The latest list is as of 12/9/88.

allanb@ronin.us.cc.umich.edu (Allan M. Bjorklund) (11/13/89)

In a FTP list that I got off this newsgroup it lists a site with NeXT
software available. berlin.acss.umn.edu address 128.101.193.1.
Is it still there?  I tried FTPing to it and keep getting a network
unreachable message, and I can't find it any of our systems host tables.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Allan Bjorklund                             co administrator of the
allanb@ronin.us.cc.umich.edu         University of Michigan's msdos archives.
allan@terminator.cc.umich.edu        terminator.cc.umich.edu (35.1.33.8)
userw6bp@um.cc.umich.edu             cd msdos