[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] New IBMPC anti-virals uploaded to SIMTEL20

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/04/89)

[--forwarded message--]
From: jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright)

I have uploaded the following new IBMPC anti-virals to SIMTEL20.
All the files in this batch are shareware.

bootchk.arc
	Program to verify boot sector of disk.  Performs comparison with
	secure copy of boot sector.  To be used in autoexec.bat.  Sent to
	me by author.  Version 1.00 (first release).
m-1704.arc
	Update to previous file of same name.  Only change is in docs to
	warn of possible false alert issued by viruscan.  Direct from
	author's BBS.
netscan.arc
	Network compatible program to scan disks for known viruses.
	Version 0.4v33, update to previous releases.  Direct from author's
	BBS.
scanrs39.arc
	Resident program to scan executables for viruses before loading.
	Version 0.9v39, update to previous releases.  Note minor change
	in spelling of archive name.  Direct from author's BBS.
scanv40.arc
	Program to scan disk and report any viruses found.  Version 0.7v40,
	update to previous releases.  Direct from author's BBS.
shez48.arc
	Shell program for manipulating archives which, with this new
	release, is compatible with viruscan.  Version 4.8.  From HomeBase
	where it was placed by author.
	[ I was unable to get the viruscan aspect to work as advertised	]
	[ but I only put forth a minimal effort. -- jrw			]

<msdos.trojan-pro>
BOOTCHK.ARC    Verifies boot sector against secure copy, v1.00
M-1704.ARC     Repairs and removes infections of 1704A and 1704B viruses
NETSCAN.ARC    Network compatible program to scan for viruses, 0.4v33
SCANRS39.ARC   Resident program to check for viruses, 0.9v39
SCANV40.ARC    Scans disks and reports viruses found, 0.7v40

<msdos.arc-lbr>
SHEZ48.ARC     Shell for archive manipulation w/ virus checking, v4.8

Jim

---

Thanks, Jim!

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil [26.2.0.74]
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

Note: Send ftp connectivity and slow throughput problem reports to
      Action@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil

ash@maven.u.washington.edu (Anthony Ho) (10/06/89)

In article <KPETERSEN.12531322430.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:
> [...]
Thank you.

> netscan.arc
> 	Network compatible program to scan disks for known viruses.
> 	Version 0.4v33, update to previous releases.  Direct from author's
> 	BBS.

The file show it is NETV39.  And it only scans for 24 viruses.

--
-ash

Internet: ash@max.u.washington.edu
Bitnet:	  ash@max