[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Official version of PCcurses uploaded to SIMTEL20

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (11/18/89)

[--forwarded message--]
From: bl@infovox.se (Bjorn Larsson)
To:   w8sdz@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
Re:   pccurses 1.4?

>Bjorn, will your new pccurses 1.4 for MSDOS be ready soon?

I should clarify what is going on with PCcurses. I have made some
very minor changes.  Except for the change of the overlay() function
I recently posted on UseNet, all my changes have only been made to
reduce the amount of compiler warings with TC2.0 and MSC5.1.  No
functional changes were made except overlay().  I call my current
version 1.4b.

I have uploaded [the official] version 1.3.  I think you should not
expect a 1.4 soon, as I cannot [spare] the time for it anymore.  To
give you my own 1.4b version appears [of little use], since there are
very few functional differencies in it from 1.3.

Bjorn

 ====================== InfoVox = Speech Technology =======================
 Bjorn Larsson, INFOVOX AB      :      ...seismo!mcvax!kth!sunic!infovax!bl
 Box 2503                       :         bl@infovox.se
 S-171 02 Solna, Sweden         :         Phone (+46) 8 735 80 90

---

Thanks, Bjorn!  I added your recently posted fix to the archive and it
is now available in SIMTEL20 directory pd1:<msdos.screen>

PCCSRC13.ARC   	Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, & MISC archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@brl.arpa  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

ted@helios (Ted Cantrall) (11/21/89)

I've been hearing about PCcurses for several months now, and I've been trying
to figure out from context what it is. I cant. Please, someone, tell me
what pccurses is!!!
ted@helios.ucsc.edu         | "The opinions are mine...
(408)459-2110               |    ...the facts are public domain."

frotz@drivax.UUCP (Frotz) (11/23/89)

ted@helios (Ted Cantrall) writes:
] I've been hearing about PCcurses for several months now, and I've been
] trying to figure out from context what it is. I cant. Please, someone,
] tell me what pccurses is!!!

	PCcurses, PC Curses, etc... is one of (I believe) 3 window
packages for the PC.  The version by Bjorn (Bj|rn) Larsson at the 1.3
level provides NCurses (by Pavel Curtis) for the PC.  NCurses was a
complete rewrite of AT&T's Curses package for unix(?).

	Pavel Curtis has recently release ncurses into the public
domain.  Larsson's PCCurses is already in the public domain.

--
Frotz

In article <9823@saturn.ucsc.edu> ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) writes:
| I've been hearing about PCcurses for several months now, and I've been trying
| to figure out from context what it is. I cant. Please, someone, tell me
| what pccurses is!!!

  A versions of the UNIX curses package which runs on a PC. Curses is a
simple device independent screen addressing package.
that the world is flat!" - anon

bl@infovax.UUCP (Bj|rn Larsson) (11/23/89)

In article <9823@saturn.ucsc.edu> ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) writes:
>I've been hearing about PCcurses for several months now, and I've been trying
>to figure out from context what it is. I cant. Please, someone, tell me

Curses is a fairly standardized library of screen management functions
for C programs. You can create, delete, move, edit, scroll etc multiple
windows (in text mode only). It originates in BSD UNIX. PCcurses provides
the same functionality for PC's under DOS. See UNIX manuals etc for more
info.
								Bjorn