[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Patch?

saroff@JVNCF.CSC.ORG (Steve Saroff lac00001) (11/28/89)

Newsgroups: comp.sources.misc comp.source.unix comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d new.newusers.questions
Subject: Getting Patch.
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the program PATCH?

Thanks

Dr. S.Z. Saroff
John von Neumann National Supercomputer Center   bitnet:   saroff@jvncc
665 College Road East, P.O. Box 3717             internet: saroff@jvnca.csc.org
Princeton, NJ 08543   (609) 520-2000                       saroff@jvncf.csc.org

               o o
               (_)_____o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(_____)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  oo oo          The Bear who Swims

Dr. S.Z. Saroff
John von Neumann National Supercomputer Center   bitnet:   saroff@jvncc
665 College Road East, P.O. Box 3717             internet: saroff@jvnca.csc.org
Princeton, NJ 08543   (609) 520-2000                       saroff@jvncf.csc.org

               o o
               (_)_____o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(_____)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  oo oo          The Bear who Swims

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (11/29/89)

In article <8911281510.AA29152@jvncf.csc.org> saroff@JVNCF.CSC.ORG (Steve Saroff lac00001) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the program PATCH?
>
>Thanks
>

>Dr. S.Z. Saroff

There is a (I think) recent version of patch with source available
from the archive at osu.cis.edu, via anonymous uucp.

Fred

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (12/01/89)

In article <8911281510.AA29152@jvncf.csc.org> saroff@JVNCF.CSC.ORG (Steve Saroff lac00001) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the program PATCH?
>
>Thanks

I saw such a program in the .ARC with a patch to TURBO C.  This was on
SIMTEL20 in <msdos.turbo-c> and was called TC2PAT2.ARC.  This is a
binary patch program, with docs.

16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (12/04/89)

In article <1036@kosman.UUCP>, kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:
> In article <8911281510.AA29152@jvncf.csc.org> saroff@JVNCF.CSC.ORG (Steve Saroff lac00001) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the program PATCH?
>>
>>Thanks
>
> I saw such a program in the .ARC with a patch to TURBO C.  This was on
> SIMTEL20 in <msdos.turbo-c> and was called TC2PAT2.ARC.  This is a
> binary patch program, with docs.

I expect that what Steve wants is the program PATCH which seems to be required
to apply bug fixes to source code distributed over Usenet.  While Kevin is
right that there is a PATCH program in the TURBO C directory, it is _not_ the
same thing.  Recently, I saw a patch utility at UUNET.UU.NET, but don't know
whether it will compile under TURBO C.
Bitnet: gomme@uwovax.bitnet   gomme@uwovax.uwo.ca   Internet: gomme@uwo.ca

bl@infovax.UUCP (Bj|rn Larsson) (12/04/89)

In article <1036@kosman.UUCP> kevin@kosman.UUCP (Root) writes:
>In article <8911281510.AA29152@jvncf.csc.org> saroff@JVNCF.CSC.ORG (Steve Saroff lac00001) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the program PATCH?
>I saw such a program in the .ARC with a patch to TURBO C.  This was on
>SIMTEL20 in <msdos.turbo-c> and was called TC2PAT2.ARC.  This is a

That is NOT The patch program the requster probably wants. My guess is
he wants an MSDOS version of Larry Wall's patch. I have such a thing,
but have not used it much. Mail me if you want it.

							Bjorn

--
 ====================== InfoVox = Speech Technology =======================
 Bjorn Larsson, INFOVOX AB      :      ...seismo!mcvax!kth!sunic!infovax!bl

hartung@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jeff Hartung) (12/05/89)

In article <4444.2579411c@uwovax.uwo.ca> 16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
$I expect that what Steve wants is the program PATCH which seems to be required
$to apply bug fixes to source code distributed over Usenet.  While Kevin is
$right that there is a PATCH program in the TURBO C directory, it is _not_ the
$same thing.  Recently, I saw a patch utility at UUNET.UU.NET, but don't know
$whether it will compile under TURBO C.

However, there IS a PC port of the UNIX 'patch' utility (binary) on SIMTEL20
in the file PD1:<MSDOS.C>PATCH11.ARC which applies most of the patches to the
code posted in UseNet groups just fine.  :-)

 --Jeff Hartung--
 Disclaimer: My opinions only, etc., etc., BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!...
 ARPA - hartung@amos.ucsd.edu
 UUCP - ucsd!amos.ucsd.edu!hartung

hartung@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jeff Hartung) (12/05/89)

oops!  The correct directory  for PATCH11.ARC is PD1:<MSDOS.FILUTL>, ***NOT***
PD1:<MSDOS.C>, as I had mistakenly entered.

 --Jeff Hartung--
 Disclaimer: My opinions only, etc., etc., BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!...
 ARPA - hartung@amos.ucsd.edu
 UUCP - ucsd!amos.ucsd.edu!hartung

rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (12/06/89)

I have ported Larry Wall's patch program (version 2.0, patchlevel 12) to
MS-DOS and OS/2. I sent the patches to him, may be there comes out a new
version from him including my patches in comp.sources.misc.

If you need the executable, look at comp.os.os2. I posted the patch
program together with the manual page to comp.os.os2 three days ago. It
is a bound program which runs on BOTH DOS and OS/2, so you can use it
too. If you can't get it, let me know, I will then post it to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc too.

I also posted a standard/context/ed-diff program named cdiff to
comp.os.os2 (which also runs on DOS) and will post an ed version for DOS
and OS/2 to comp.os.os2 in the next days.

Kai Uwe Rommel,
Munich

rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de