[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Qix game.

snsrjth@nmtsun.nmt.edu (- Jeff -) (12/08/89)

I'm looking for a PD version of and old arcade favorate of mine called Qix.
Does anyone know if such a beastie exists (CGA or Herc. Graphics)? If so,
where (Ftp address, etc)? Any help would be appreciated. Please respond
via email if possible. Will post results if possible. Thanks in
advance. :-)

			- Jeff -
			snsrjth@jupiter.nmt.edu

nx3@h.cc.purdue.edu (Rw Hart) (12/08/89)

In article <3621@nmtsun.nmt.edu> snsrjth@nmtsun.nmt.edu (- Jeff -) writes:
>I'm looking for a PD version of and old arcade favorate of mine called Qix.
>Does anyone know if such a beastie exists (CGA or Herc. Graphics)? If so,

	I recently downloaded a copy of Qix from grape.ecs.clarkson.edu
(128.153.13.196).  It's a text only version that uses the line-drawing IBM
characters.  Actually looks pretty good, could use some color though.  If you
want it, it's in the d/games directory with filename qix.zip.  Have fun!

				Rw Hart (the lossel)
				nx3@h.cc.purdue.edu (not for much longer)

PS: sorry about the posting.  Mail from here can be a real pain.

yates@bu-cs.BU.EDU (steven yates) (12/14/89)

In article <3621@nmtsun.nmt.edu> snsrjth@nmtsun.nmt.edu (- Jeff -) writes:
>I'm looking for a PD version of and old arcade favorate of mine called Qix.
>Does anyone know if such a beastie exists (CGA or Herc. Graphics)? If so,
>where (Ftp address, etc)? Any help would be appreciated. Please respond
>via email if possible. Will post results if possible. Thanks in
>advance. :-)
>
>			- Jeff -
>			snsrjth@jupiter.nmt.edu

Come to think of it -- I have always wondered if there was a PD
version of "Robotron" out there in the world. If someone does in fact
know if the program exists, please let me know (by email). Thanks !!

				-Steve	(yates@bu-pub.bu.edu)
					(yates@128.197.21.21)