[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Preventive maintenance

nx3@h.cc.purdue.edu (Rw Hart) (12/13/89)

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but...

	I have an IBM PS/2 model 50, it is about a year and a half old and has
functioned flawlessly since I purchased it.  As I am going to have some free
time during semester break, I thought it might be a good idea to take old
faithful ( or the box from hell, depending on my mood ) apart and perform some
PM (at the very least clean out the dust that must be accumulating).  Does
anyone have any tips/hints/warnings to share with me?  I have a little
experience working on computers (mainly Apples & PC clones).  Please e-mail

				Thanks_in_advance,
				Rw Hart (the lossel)
				nx3@h.cc.purdue.edu

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (12/13/89)

In article <4652@h.cc.purdue.edu> nx3@h.cc.purdue.edu (Rw Hart) writes:
>                                             As I am going to have some free
>time during semester break, I thought it might be a good idea to take old
>faithful ( or the box from hell, depending on my mood ) apart and perform some
>PM (at the very least clean out the dust that must be accumulating).

There are essentially two schools of thought on this?

1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it also known as the Leave Well-Enough Alone
   school. The fear is if you touch it you might later regret it.

2. The school which says computers are happier without althe dirt.

Take your choice!

Fred

mlord@bmers58.UUCP (Mark Lord) (12/14/89)

In article <4652@h.cc.purdue.edu> nx3@h.cc.purdue.edu (Rw Hart) writes:

>	I have an IBM PS/2 model 50, it is about a year and a half old and has
>functioned flawlessly since I purchased it.  As I am going to have some free

RULE NUMBER ONE (for fragile equipment):

	"If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!"
--
| Mark S. Lord                           | Hey, It's only MY opinion. |