[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for good ftp site

fdevens@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (12/16/89)

I hope someone can help me on this one...
I've been trying to get through to SIMTEL20 and haven't had any luck.
Can anyone suggest a good ftp site for ibm software?
(or a good time to get into SIMTEL)

-Chris

[]--------------------------------------------------------------------------[]
| Christopher J. Leger                     | TOTAL ACCESS BBS!       *FREE*  |
| Environmental Mgt. Office, AFZD-DEQ Bx10 | (508) 343-4008  3/12/24/9600    |
| Ft. Devens, MA 01433      (508) 796-3002 | FidoNet (1:322/460)             |
| fdevens@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu     796-2095 | 120 Meg/Games,Files,Mail & MORE!|
[]--------------------------------------------------------------------------[]

halliday@cheddar.cc.ubc.ca (Laura Halliday) (12/16/89)

In article <1241400001@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu> fdevens@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I hope someone can help me on this one...
>I've been trying to get through to SIMTEL20 and haven't had any luck.
>Can anyone suggest a good ftp site for ibm software?
>(or a good time to get into SIMTEL)

Best time: the wee hours of the morning. Or be prepared to be *very* patient.
(Aside: are you using the correct IP address? You should be using 26.2.0.74).

Other PC archives? Check comp.archives, of course. FTPable archives include
grape.ecs.clarkson.edu and wuarchive.wustl.edu. I don't have their IP addresses
handy, but I'm sure somebody can supply them if you need them.

...laura

allanb@ronin.us.cc.umich.edu (Allan M. Bjorklund) (12/17/89)

In article <5997@ubc-cs.UUCP> halliday@cc.ubc.ca (Laura Halliday) writes:
>In article <1241400001@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu> fdevens@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>
>>I hope someone can help me on this one...
>>I've been trying to get through to SIMTEL20 and haven't had any luck.
>>Can anyone suggest a good ftp site for ibm software?
>>(or a good time to get into SIMTEL)
>
>Best time: the wee hours of the morning. Or be prepared to be *very* patient.
>(Aside: are you using the correct IP address? You should be using 26.2.0.74).
>
>Other PC archives? Check comp.archives, of course. FTPable archives include
>grape.ecs.clarkson.edu and wuarchive.wustl.edu. I don't have their IP addresses
>handy, but I'm sure somebody can supply them if you need them.
>
>...laura

Or you could try terminator.cc.umich.edu [35.1.33.8]. And if you want to you
can get on my mailing list (no binaries yet, just listings of new stuff)
by sending a message to allan@terminator.cc.umich.edu.
Please use a internet or bitnet address if possible.
I usually don't have much luck with other types of addresses.
When you get to terminator you will need to cd to the msdos directory. There
you'll find files describing the submission process (if you care to) and
other info about the archive, as well as the master Index.

Allan Bjorklund                             Co Organizer of the
allan@terminator.cc.umich.edu               University of Michigan's
allanb@ronin.us.cc.umich.edu                MsDos archives.
userw6pb@um.cc.umich.edu                    terminator.cc.umich.edu 35.1.33.8