[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Qix-type Game.

snsrjth@nmtsun.nmt.edu (- Jeff -) (12/13/89)

About a week ago I posted an article asking for a PD Qix type game.
So far, I'm still looking. I did get reference to such a beastie on
grape.ecs.clarkson.edu called qix.zip (Sorry, I don't know which directory)
but that is an slow ascii version of the game. I'm looking for one that
uses graphics (CGA or Herc). I also did get a reference of a program called
Styx (??) which uses CGA graphics. Does anyone know where I can obtain this
program or any Qix type game via ftp? Thanks in advance. :-)

			- Jeff -
			snsrjth@jupiter.nmt.edu

--
                                       Internet: snsrjth@jupiter.nmt.edu
                                           UUCP: ...!unmvax!nmtsun!snsrjth

"A stitch in time takes up space...", The Doctor - "Delta & the Bannermen"

dbarnes@garth.UUCP (Dave Barnes) (12/21/89)

In article <3647@nmtsun.nmt.edu> snsrjth@nmtsun.nmt.edu (- Jeff -) writes:
>About a week ago I posted an article asking for a PD Qix type game.
>So far, I'm still looking. I did get reference to such a beastie on
>grape.ecs.clarkson.edu called qix.zip (Sorry, I don't know which directory)
>but that is an slow ascii version of the game. I'm looking for one that
>uses graphics (CGA or Herc). I also did get a reference of a program called
>Styx (??) which uses CGA graphics. Does anyone know where I can obtain this
>program or any Qix type game via ftp? Thanks in advance. :-)
>
>			- Jeff -

Jeff, you might look for a game called XONIX, which is something like
QIX, as I recall.  I think it is shareware, if not freeware.

Also, I just saw QIX out as a commercial package.  Around $30 as I recall.
David Barnes
UUCP: {pyramid,sri-unix,ingr}!apd!dbarnes     415/852-2365
USPS: Intergraph APD, 2400 Geng Road, Palo Alto, CA  94303