[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need help with un-tarring autoftp from simtel

packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael A Packer) (12/22/89)

>Richard Ferris <ferris@eniac.seas.upenn.edu> writes:
>> I have been having some trouble finding a copy of AutoFTP.
>> How did you get yours?  Do you know where I could get a
>> copy?  Thanks.
>
>AutoFTP version 3.0 is available from SIMTEL20 as:
>
>Filename		Type	 Bytes	 CRC
>
>Directory PD3:<MISC.UNIX>
>AUTOFTP30.TAR-Z		BINARY	 22300  B608H
>
>This is a compressed tar archive.  Rename it to autoftp30.tar.Z on
>your Unix host and run uncompress on it.  Then extract the files with
>tar.
>
>--Keith

  Could keith or someone else please explain how to un-tar this?
I can't find anyone here that seems to know how.. ;(

Thanks a lot.

by the way..this might be worth posting instead of email directly
to me...i am sure there has to be someone else that is having problems
with this....at least i hope so...

thanks a lot
michael packer
packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
USMAIL:	318 Knapp Hall, WVU, Morgantown, WV 26506
PHONE:	304 293-3607
INTERNET : packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore,ihpn4!cadre,decvax!idis,psuvax1}!pitt!wvucsa!packer