[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] LINCOMATIC DALEKS V2.2

linco@eng.umd.edu (Sam Lin) (12/20/89)

I have sent a copy of my Daleks game to ibmpc-binaries%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivettie.com,
so there is no need for further replies to my previous announcement of its
availability.  Hopefully, Raul will post it promptly.  Thanks to everyone who
gave me instructions on how to post it.  Unfortunately, I was so flooded with
that everyone enjoys it.  Please send me comments, suggestions.

-------------------------
Sam Lin
linco@eng.umd.edu
"shake your honey buns!" - B-52's

linco@eng.umd.edu (Sam Lin) (12/27/89)

As requested, I have posted my LINCOMATIC DALEKS V2.2 program to
rec.arts.drwho.  It is in 3 parts.  The first part contains the
documentation file, and the last two parts contain the split,
uuencoded DALEKS.EXE file.

There has been some confusion about the program.  Daleks V2.2 is my C
version of the Daleks game, popularized on the Macintosh.  It is not
related to the Pascal-based Daleks 1.0 game that resides in some
archives (such as on grape.ecs.clarkson.edu as daleks10.zip).
Sam C. Lin                  |         ///
Internet: linco@eng.umd.edu |        ///
-----------------------------       /// /// ///|| /// /////// ////////
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." /// /// /// ||/// ///     ///  ///
                                  /// /// ///  |/// /////// ////////
                                 ///
                                //////////

richard@calvin.spp.cornell.edu (Richard Brittain) (12/27/89)

In article <1989Dec26.205117.14183@eng.umd.edu> linco@eng.umd.edu (Sam Lin) writes:
>As requested, I have posted my LINCOMATIC DALEKS V2.2 program to
>rec.arts.drwho.  It is in 3 parts.  The first part contains the
>documentation file, and the last two parts contain the split,
>uuencoded DALEKS.EXE file.

I was looking foward to this, but on my Hercules system, it just displays half
a line of random characters, in text mode (never switches to graphics).  If
I use a "CGA emulator" I get the same thing, but in an ugly CGA font.

Richard Brittain,                   School of Elect. Eng.,  Upson Hall
                                    Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
ARPA: richard@calvin.spp.cornell.edu
UUCP: {uunet,uw-beaver,rochester,cmcl2}!cornell!calvin!richard

In article <1989Dec27.031543.1701@calvin.spp.cornell.edu> richard@calvin.spp.cornell.edu (Richard Brittain) writes:
>In article <1989Dec26.205117.14183@eng.umd.edu> linco@eng.umd.edu (Sam Lin) writes:
>>As requested, I have posted my LINCOMATIC DALEKS V2.2 program to
>>rec.arts.drwho.  It is in 3 parts.  The first part contains the
>>documentation file, and the last two parts contain the split,
>>uuencoded DALEKS.EXE file.
>
>I was looking foward to this, but on my Hercules system, it just displays half
>a line of random characters, in text mode (never switches to graphics).  If
>I use a "CGA emulator" I get the same thing, but in an ugly CGA font.
>
>Richard Brittain,                   School of Elect. Eng.,  Upson Hall
>                                    Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853

I have tested the program on various Hercules, VGA, CGA, and EGA
compatible monitors, and it has worked fine, except that on the
Hercules and the EGA, the image is somewhat compressed, due to the
aspect ratio.  I have even run the program using SIMCGA on a Hercules
without a hitch.  I hope that the binary did not get corrupted in the
net.  When you are done uudecoding, daleks.exe should be 81728 bytes
in length.  Anyone who is still having problems, let me know.