[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] pcz21189.arc, PcConnect Zmodem v2.11, a free Zmodem, 1of2

roy@comcon.UUCP (Roy M. Silvernail) (01/04/90)

In article <21954@adm.BRL.MIL>, w8sdz@tacom-emh1.army.mil (Keith Petersen) writes:
> This is PCZ v2.11.89, dated Dec. 1, 1989.  It is a free for non-profit
> use (see enclosed license) implementation of Zmodem, Xmodem, Xmodem-1K,
> Sealink, Ymodem for the IBM PC family.  It will allow users of
> communications software that does not internally implement these
> protocols to access them through this external program.

I just tried out PCZ. While it looks pretty good on a good transfer, the
resumption feature is flawed. I interrupted a transfer from my Unix
site, and upon restarting, PCZ reported the existing file and said it
was appending.

What I got was 2 files... the first, aborted transfer, in a file names
BA0, and the remainder of the original file (contents of the second
transfer) in a file named BAZ (the correct original filename). Not quite
what I had expected...

--
_R_o_y _M_. _S_i_l_v_e_r_n_a_i_l  | UUCP: uunet!comcon!roy  |  "Every race must arrive at this
#include <opinions.h>;#define opinions MINE  |   point in its history"