[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] LISTSERV problems

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (01/06/90)

sppy00!jwm@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff May) writes:
> I access the Simtel20 archives via listserv@vm1.nodak.edu (this is the
> only way I can do it ... no FTP or anything else).  I am able to get
> files from the PD1:<*> directories, but I CAN NOT get anything from
> the PD2:<*> or the PD3:<*> directories.  Does this server need to be
> updated?

Jeff, I have forwarded your message to INFO@VM1.NODAK.EDU which is the
address to use for questions about the server at that host.

The PD1:, PD2:, and PD3: devices are physical disk drive names.
LISTSERV accesses them all as PD: which is a logical device name for
all three drives.  The most likely problem is misspelling the
subdirectory name.  For example, when we split the MSDOS collection
because of storage limitations we created PD2:<MSDOS2> as a top level
directory.  The Telix modem program and related files are in directory
PD2:<MSDOS2.TELIX> which may be referred to by its logical name
PD:<MSDOS2.TELIX>.

--Keith