[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Archives for c.b.i.c. Where?

nolra@ux1.lbl.gov (Arlon Hunt) (01/05/90)

I'd like to know all of the anonymous ftp sites where
comp.binaries.ibm.pc is archived.  So far I know about

hydra.helsinki.fi          128.214.4.29
mclean-unisys.army.mil      26.13.0.17
wuarchive.wustl.edu        128.252.135.4

For one reason and another, I'm having trouble connecting
to the above sites.  Please e-mail any other sites not on
the above list (if you think posting it to c.b.i.c.d. would
be valuable, then I won't stop you).  Thanks.

In article <4561@helios.ee.lbl.gov> nolra@ux1.lbl.gov (Arlon Hunt) writes:

   I'd like to know all of the anonymous ftp sites where
   comp.binaries.ibm.pc is archived.  So far I know about

   hydra.helsinki.fi          128.214.4.29
   mclean-unisys.army.mil      26.13.0.17
   wuarchive.wustl.edu        128.252.135.4

Also:
   grape.ecs.clarkson.edu     128.153.13.196
--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
Live up to the light thou hast, and more will be granted thee.

jem@sm.luth.se (Jan Erik Mostr|m) (01/05/90)

nolra@ux1.lbl.gov (Arlon Hunt) writes:

# I'd like to know all of the anonymous ftp sites where
# comp.binaries.ibm.pc is archived.  So far I know about

# hydra.helsinki.fi          128.214.4.29
# mclean-unisys.army.mil      26.13.0.17
# wuarchive.wustl.edu        128.252.135.4

# For one reason and another, I'm having trouble connecting
# to the above sites.  Please e-mail any other sites not on
# the above list (if you think posting it to c.b.i.c.d. would
# be valuable, then I won't stop you).  Thanks.

Try luth.sm.luth.se
		jem

ron@motmpl.UUCP (Ron Widell) (01/06/90)

In article <4561@helios.ee.lbl.gov> nolra@ux1.lbl.gov (Arlon Hunt) writes:
>I'd like to know all of the anonymous ftp sites where
>comp.binaries.ibm.pc is archived.  So far I know about
>
> [ deleted ]
>the above list (if you think posting it to c.b.i.c.d. would
>be valuable, then I won't stop you).  Thanks.

If you are going to post, then please also include any archive sites which
are available via anon. UUCP. Yes, I do know that there are mail servers
available, it just seems to me that using these servers is taking unfair
advantage of someone else' resources and that at the very least I (or my
company) should cover the phone charges (although I may make an exception
in the case of pc-write :^)).

--
Ron Widell, Field Applications Eng.	|UUCP: {...}mcdchg!motmpl!ron
Motorola Semiconductor Products, Inc.,	|Voice:(612)941-6800

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (01/07/90)

In article <1482@motmpl.UUCP> ron@motmpl.UUCP (Ron Widell) writes:
>If you are going to post, then please also include any archive sites which
>are available via anon. UUCP. Yes, I do know that there are mail servers
>available, it just seems to me that using these servers is taking unfair
>advantage of someone else' resources and that at the very least I (or my
>company) should cover the phone charges (although I may make an exception
>in the case of pc-write :^)).

All files announced as new uploads to SIMTEL20 and most files posted to
cbibmpc are available for downloading on the Detroit Download Central
system at 313-885-3956.  This is a networked system with multiple lines
that support 300, 1200, 2400, and 9600 bps (HST).  It's not a free
system but the hourly cost is only 17 cents.  It's accessable via PC
Pursuit and StarLink outdial.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, & MISC archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]