[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] LaTex

rk@cs.strath.ac.uk (Richard Kingslake) (12/20/89)

Does anyone know of LaTex for the IBM-PC, please?

	Richard Kingslake

JANET:   rk@uk.ac.strath.cs
ARPA:    rk@cs.strath.ac.uk
UUCP:    !seismo!mcvax!ukc!strath-cs!rk   or    rk@strath-cs.uucp

David.Cargo@terrabit.FIDONET.ORG (David Cargo) (12/26/89)

There are several TeX, LaTeX implementations.  If you know a site that
has the DECUS TeX tape, their latest version includes PC and Mac PD
versions of TeX and LaTeX.  You appear to be in the UK.  There is a
texserver@tex.aston.ac.uk. You might want to send a request to postmaster
there to find out how to get things.

--
David Cargo -- Via FidoNet using ufgate at 1:282/341
INTERNET: David.Cargo@terrabit.FIDONET.ORG

sasun@hpsad.HP.COM (Sasun Torikian) (12/27/89)

> Does anyone know of LaTex for the IBM-PC, please?

Ditto.

Please post where it is so everyone can find out.

				Thanks
				Sasun Torikian

ferris@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Richard T. Ferris) (12/28/89)

In article <440001@hpsad.HP.COM> sasun@hpsad.HP.COM (Sasun Torikian) writes:

>> Does anyone know of LaTex for the IBM-PC, please?
>
>Ditto.
>
>Please post where it is so everyone can find out.
>
>				Thanks
>				Sasun Torikian

There is a nice implementation of TeX available on Simtel20.  It
is called SB29TEX and it is available in the TeX subdirectory.
You can use the included program called Initex to create a .fmt
file for either plain tex or latex or any other macro package.
So you will need the appropriate latex files from some other source.

RF

Richard T. Ferris
ferris@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
University of Pennsylvania

fcr@saturn.wustl.edu (Frank C. Robey X5569) (01/04/90)

In article <440001@hpsad.HP.COM> sasun@hpsad.HP.COM (Sasun Torikian) writes:
>> Does anyone know of LaTex for the IBM-PC, please?
>Please post where it is so everyone can find out.
>				Thanks
>				Sasun Torikian

LaTex, Bibtex, and plain Tex are available via anonymous ftp from
wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in the directory
systems/ibmpc/msdos/tex    The list of files in this directory are:

-read.me.1
00-index.txt.49
bibtex99.arc.1
cdvi12.arc.1
dostex1.arc.1    (6 parts)
dview.arc.2
dvivga.inf.1
dvivga1.arc.1     (9 parts)
hp2tex.arc.1
pcwritex.arc.1
sb29tex.arc.1
unretex.arc.1
web.arc.1
webtp55.arc.1

sb29tex and dostex are the programs you will want.  sb29tex is faster than
dostex, but does not include all of the fonts or files that are required.
dostex has these files.  I do not use these on msdos, since they run too
slow and take up too much disk space on my plain vanilla IBM-XT.

Frank Robey
fcr@saturn.wustl.edu

rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) (01/12/90)

In article <440001@hpsad.HP.COM> sasun@hpsad.HP.COM (Sasun Torikian) writes:
>> Does anyone know of LaTex for the IBM-PC, please?
>Ditto.
>Please post where it is so everyone can find out.

Try "dostex" from simtel20. You need 5 Meg of your Hard Disk.
PD:<MSDOS.TEX>DOSTEX1.ARC to DOSTEX6.ARC

--
Budi Rahardjo        | rahardj@ccu.UManitoba.CA
Electrical Eng.      | rahardj@ccm.UManitoba.CA