[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Adventure: THE GAME

ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax) (01/09/90)

I've got Adventure for the messdos environment -- but it's the wimpy ver-
sion. Is there an FTP source for the GOOD version? That's the one with
the bridge that lets you pass beyond the volcano (IF you're holding the
correct item!), recharge your lamp, get lost in the Ice Maze, etc.

I have that for CP/M, but it's a nuisance to boot up the CP/M machine, and
I'd love to get this running under messdos. Anyone?

						TIA,

		    Fortunate is he for whom the belle toils.
      Duke McMullan n5gax nss13429r phon505-255-4642 ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu

btrue@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Barry.True) (01/10/90)

In article <1251@ariel.unm.edu> ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax) writes:
>I've got Adventure for the messdos environment -- but it's the wimpy ver-
>sion. Is there an FTP source for the GOOD version? That's the one with
>the bridge that lets you pass beyond the volcano (IF you're holding the
>correct item!), recharge your lamp, get lost in the Ice Maze, etc.
>
>I have that for CP/M, but it's a nuisance to boot up the CP/M machine, and
>I'd love to get this running under messdos. Anyone?

I'd like a copy for MSDOS too!! I don't have FTP capabilities, though. So
it'll have to be E-MAIL, if it isn't too large.

In article <1251@ariel.unm.edu> ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax) writes:

| I have that for CP/M, but it's a nuisance to boot up the CP/M machine, and
| I'd love to get this running under messdos. Anyone?

  I'll send you a CP/M emulator to let you play the CP/M under DOS if
you'll send me back the Adventure ;-)
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen@sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon

mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (01/13/90)

>I've got Adventure for the messdos environment -- but it's the wimpy ver-
>sion. Is there an FTP source for the GOOD version? That's the one with
>the bridge that lets you pass beyond the volcano (IF you're holding the
>correct item!), recharge your lamp, get lost in the Ice Maze, etc.

>I have that for CP/M, but it's a nuisance to boot up the CP/M machine, and
>I'd love to get this running under messdos. Anyone?

I have a version that lets you get beyond the bridge and recharge your
lamp. But I don't remember any ice maze. I think this version has
551 points.

I have placed it for anonymous ftp on c.scs.uiuc.edu. It is file
adv.arc.

Doug McDonald