[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ZIP Extracting under U*ix

twb@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (thomas.w.beattie) (01/17/90)

In article <3182@aimt.UU.NET> tinle@aimt.UU.NET (Tin Le) writes:
>..., you might also want zoo, zip, and lzh.  All of them has been
>ported to UNIX.

I haven't seen a ZIP utility for System V.
Is it available?

---
Tom Beattie
att!hoqaa!twb
t.w.beattie@att.com

feg@clyde.ATT.COM (Forrest Gehrke,2C-119,7239,ATTBL) (01/18/90)

In article <7419@cbnewsh.ATT.COM>, twb@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (thomas.w.beattie) writes:
> In article <3182@aimt.UU.NET> tinle@aimt.UU.NET (Tin Le) writes:
> >..., you might also want zoo, zip, and lzh.  All of them has been
> >ported to UNIX.
>
> I haven't seen a ZIP utility for System V.
> Is it available?

I have seen UNZIP.C (and a later correction for it) that was ported
to UNIX.  Unfortunately it was for BSD and although I finally got
it to compile without error, it was flakey in operation.

If anyone has a UNIX SysV version of the source, I also would
appreciate receiving it.

Forrest Gehrke feg@clyde.ATT.COM

robison@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Bob Robison) (01/18/90)

In article <7419@cbnewsh.ATT.COM> twb@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (thomas.w.beattie,ho,) writes:
>In article <3182@aimt.UU.NET> tinle@aimt.UU.NET (Tin Le) writes:
>>..., you might also want zoo, zip, and lzh.  All of them has been
>>ported to UNIX.
>
>I haven't seen a ZIP utility for System V.
>Is it available?

I have a version of UnZip (2.0.1) that I have running on our Sun (4.0.3), but source
is fairly generic and should work without problems.  It is able to explode the ver 1.01
zips properly, but it doesn't have a ZIP utility.  I don't remember where I got it, but
if there is interest I can make it available via anonymous ftp from my machine.

bob

--
Bob Robison	- Southwest Research Institute, Electromagnetics Div.
robison@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu