[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] CCC1053{A-C}.ARC - Toolkit to learn/experiment w/OO systems

caprio@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Mike Caprio) (02/01/90)

In article <KPETERSEN.12562559300.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:
>The following files have been restored due to popular request.  They
>had been improperly described before, which caused some confusion
>about their worth.  Thanks to Russ Herman <rwh@me.utoronto.ca> for
>CCC1053A.ARC	Toolkit to learn/experiment w/OO systems, 1of3
>CCC1053B.ARC    Toolkit to learn/experiment w/OO systems, 2of3
>CCC1053C.ARC    Toolkit to learn/experiment w/OO systems, 3of3

For those interested in more info about Complete C, it was reviewed
in the July issue of Computer Language (favorably).  I've played around
with it abit and found it somewhat clumsy to work with ('course, so was
MSC when I first tried it), though I haven't had the linking problems
described by Dave (perhaps because I'm using MSC 5.1).  In general, a
good tool to experiment with OOP, but I wouldn't try anything big in
it.  The shareware version DOES come with one large model library, though
apparently not the production version (part of the reason Dave may have
had problems with speed is that he used the debugging version, which
also explains part of the large file size).  For a $15 shareware
registration, its worth taking a look at.
_Mike