[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] RIGHTWRITER

istewart@datlog.co.uk ( Ian Stewartson ) (02/01/90)

Does anyone know about a program called RIGHTWRITER. It runs on DOS and
might be a shareware program coming from someone in Florida.  I would be
grateful for any information about it.

Regards,

Ian Stewartson
Data Logic Ltd, Queens House, Greenhill Way, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1YR, UK.
(Phone) +44 1 863 0383 (Telex) 888103 (Fax) +44 1 861 2010
	+44 81 863 0383 after May 1990.
(Network) istewart@datlog.co.uk or ukc!datlog!istewart

burkett@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Edward W Burkett) (02/01/90)

From article <2463@dlvax2.datlog.co.uk>, by istewart@datlog.co.uk ( Ian Stewartson ):
> Does anyone know about a program called RIGHTWRITER. It runs on DOS and
> might be a shareware program coming from someone in Florida.  I would be
> grateful for any information about it.

It is definitely a PROFESSIONAL Package and not Shareware.  I know because I
bought it!

It is a grammar and spelling checker and so far I like it.  Price was around
$50.00

Ed Burkett

marshall@wind55.seri.gov (Marshall L. Buhl) (02/02/90)

istewart@datlog.co.uk ( Ian Stewartson ) writes:

>Does anyone know about a program called RIGHTWRITER. It runs on DOS and
>might be a shareware program coming from someone in Florida.  I would be
>grateful for any information about it.

I have Right Writer ver. 3.0.  I got it about a year ago.  As far as I
know, it is *not* shareware.  It is by RightSoft, Inc. from Sarasota,
FL.  Their phone number is (813)923-0223.  I paid $46 for it.

I also have Grammatik III from Reference Software.  It is a similar
product that I prefer.  I find it easier to use.  I paid $57 for it.  I
think there might be newer versions of both packages than what I have.

I have problems with both packages.  They don't find all mistakes and
they both nag about using passive voice a lot.  Grammatik III is
supposed to work directly with major word processing packages.  It
screws up my formatting every time I check an original MS Word document.
I usually check copies, but then the changes have to be redone to the
original.  My version of Right Writer works on text files and puts
zillions of hard-to-read comments in the middle of the text.  I don't
care for it at all.  They've both got a ways to go.
--
Marshall L. Buhl, Jr.                   EMAIL: marshall@wind55.seri.gov
Senior Computer Engineer                VOICE: (303)231-1014