[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Problem with Procomm+ test drive

SVAEPIZ@eva.slu.se (Epizootologen p} SVA) (02/01/90)

Recently something weird happend to me and I wonder if someone can
explain it:

The other day I got hold of Procomm+ Test drive to try it out, but I
couldn't make it run. The only thing I got was the "initializing" screen and
then the "good-bye" screen asking if I liked what I saw :-). I thought some (3)
TSRs that I install at the end of my autoexec was messing things up so I
rebooted and jumped out of the autoexec (with Ctrl-C at a PAUSE command)
before installing the TSRs. Tried PCPLUSTD - OK! Rebooted, jumped before
the TSRs, installed TSR1, tried PCPLUSTD - OK! Rebooted, jumped, installed
TSR1 and TSR2, tried PCPLUSTD - OK! Good, then it must be TSR3 that messes
things up, or? I rebooted, jumped, installed TSR1, TSR2 and TSR3, tried
PCPLUSTD and it worked!! So, if I do everything that is in my autoexec "by
hand" I can get PCPLUSTD to work, but if I allow the autoexec to run through
I can't! What's going on? Any ideas?

Ulf Emanuelson
Swedish Univ. Agric. Sci.

LC.YRS@forsythe.stanford.edu (Richard Stanton) (02/02/90)

In article <7129@eva.slu.se>,
SVAEPIZ@eva.slu.se (Epizootologen p} SVA) writes:
>Recently something weird happend to me and I wonder if someone can
>explain it:

[description deleted]
>hand" I can get PCPLUSTD to work, but if I allow the autoexec to run through
>I can't! What's going on? Any ideas?

Just a suggestion - perhaps you are running out of environment
space. Try increasing the size of your environment in the SHELL=
statement in your CONFIG.SYS

Richard Stanton