[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Problem with expanded memory

kevinm@masscomp.ccur.com (Kevin McCluskey) (02/05/90)

In article <LTHuD1w160w@gendep>  writes:
>bac@mips.COM (Bruce Clarke - Mgr. Systems Engineering) writes:
>
>> Sometime ago I got some software from one of the archives that allows
>> extended memory to be used as expanded memory (EMS40.SYS).  Recently I
>>[stuff deleted]

>If you have DOS 4.01, on your DOS disks there should be an EMS 4.0
>driver called EMS386.SYS (I think?) which I use and have had no trouble
>with.  I recently installed WP 5.1 on my 386SX with this EMS driver
>installed and have had no troubles.

I have run into a similar situation and have tried using EMM386.SYS (I think?)
without fantastic results. What I'm wondering is if any documentation
exists for EMM386.SYS. I looked through two DOS manuals I have and havent
found anything usefull. Any help would help.

Kevin McCluskey.
CONCURRENT COMPUTER CORP.