[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files updated

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (05/29/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has just been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

NODESCR.IDX contains a listing of those files that do not have a discrip-
     tion.

SIMCVT.BAS is a BASICA/GWBASIC program to convert SIMIBM.IDX to a human-
     readable text file.  See also SIMCVT2.BAS and SIMCVT3.BAS.

SIMIBM.HDR contains a PC-File+ database header for use with SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files that have a one line descrip-
     tion.  SIMIBM.IDX (updated monthly) is automatically created by
     taking the latest FILES.IDX (updated daily) and comparing it against
     a combined list of current files on several BBS systems.

Also available:

FILDIF.ARC a program for comparing a previous copy of PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX
     with a new copy.  It displays files added and deleted since you got an
     older index.  This is useful if you are trying to maintain an archive
     in sync with SIMTEL20.  It can generate output scripts for batch FTP
     processing.

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.IDX, NODESCR.IDX,
     AAAREAD.ME (this file), SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.BAS,
     SIMIBM.DB3 (information on how to use the index with dBASEIII),
     SIMIBM.HDR (PC-File+ database header), and SIMIBM.INF (explains
     the fields in the index).

PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximately one month inter-
     vals (more frequently, time permitting).

PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX is updated on a daily basis (sometimes several times
     a day when a lot of new files are uploaded).  This file is a comma-
     delimited file, suitable for importing into PC-File+ or DBase III.

It's impossible to make a daily updated list with descriptions with the
quantity of new programs available.  We average about 300 new files per
month.

        WHERE TO SEND COMPLAINTS, PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS

Messages about system problems, FTP problems, and network problems
should be directed to ACTION@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the MSDOS collection should be directed to
w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about problems with BITNET or EARN file servers should be
directed to the system administrator at the server location.  SIMTEL20
does NOT run these servers.

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil [26.2.0.74]
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (07/16/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has just been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

NODESCR.IDX contains a listing of those files that do not have a description.

SIMCVT.BAS is a BASICA/GWBASIC program to convert SIMIBM.IDX to a human-
     readable text file.  See also SIMCVT2.BAS and SIMCVT3.BAS.

SIMDISP.AWK is an awk script for displaying SIMIBM.IDX in outline form.

SIMDISP.DOC explains how to use SIMDISP.AWK.

packer@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael A Packer,Knapp Hall,,2928607) (08/28/89)

From article <KPETERSEN.12521543992.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, by w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen):
> The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has just been
> updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived

	Keith,

	You had posted that there were new files at simtel 20, after
reading the message I ftp'ed there and tried to get the new Hard drive
backup program, don't have the name with me right now, but it didn't
show up in the directory. could you please check on it.

thanks
USMAIL:	318 Knapp Hall, WVU, Morgantown, WV 26506
PHONE:	304 293-3607
INTERNET : packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore,ihpn4!cadre,decvax!idis,psuvax1}!pitt!wvucsa!packer

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (08/30/89)

In article <419@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> packer@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael A Packer,Knapp Hall,,2928607) writes:
>From article <KPETERSEN.12521543992.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, by w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen):
>	You had posted that there were new files at simtel 20, after
>reading the message I ftp'ed there and tried to get the new Hard drive
>backup program, don't have the name with me right now, but it didn't
>show up in the directory. could you please check on it.

After BACKMSTR.ARC was announced it was discovered that it is a
commercial program which has not been released for public distribution.
The file was deleted.

Keith
--

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (09/16/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has just been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

NODESCR.IDX contains a listing of those files that do not have a description.

SIMCVT.BAS is a BASICA/GWBASIC program to convert SIMIBM.IDX to a human-
     readable text file.  See also SIMCVT2.BAS and SIMCVT3.BAS.

SIMDISP.AWK is an awk script for displaying SIMIBM.IDX in outline form.

SIMDISP.DOC explains how to use SIMDISP.AWK.

SIMIBM.HDR contains a PC-File+ database header for use with SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files that have a one line description.
     This file is updated at approximate one month intervals (more frequently,
     time permitting).

Also available:

FILDIF.ARC a program for comparing a previous copy of PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX
     with a new copy.  It displays files added and deleted since you got an
     older index.  This is useful if you are trying to maintain an archive
     in sync with SIMTEL20.  It can generate output scripts for batch FTP
     processing.

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.IDX, NODESCR.IDX,
     AAAREAD.ME (this file), SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.BAS,
     SIMIBM.DB3 (information on how to use the index with dBASEIII),
     SIMIBM.HDR (PC-File+ database header), SIMIBM.INF (explains the
     fields in the index), SIMDISP.AWK, and SIMDISP.DOC.

PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximate one month
     intervals (more frequently, time permitting).

PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX is updated on a daily basis (sometimes several times
     a day when a lot of new files are uploaded).  This file is a comma-
     delimited file, suitable for importing into PC-File+ or DBase III.

It's impossible to make a daily updated list with descriptions with the
quantity of new programs available.  We average about 300 new files per
month.

        WHERE TO SEND COMPLAINTS, PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS

Messages about system problems, FTP problems, and network problems
should be directed to ACTION@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the MSDOS collection should be directed to
w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the PC-BLUE collection should be directed to
Wancho@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (09/29/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has just been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

NODESCR.IDX contains a listing of those files that do not have a description.

SIMCVT.BAS is a BASICA/GWBASIC program to convert SIMIBM.IDX to a human-
     readable text file.  See also SIMCVT2.BAS and SIMCVT3.BAS.

SIMDISP.AWK is an awk script for displaying SIMIBM.IDX in outline form.

SIMDISP.DOC explains how to use SIMDISP.AWK.

SIMIBM.HDR contains a PC-File+ database header for use with SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files that have a one line description.
     This file is updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more frequently,
     time permitting).

Also available:

FILDIF.ARC a program for comparing a previous copy of PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX
     with a new copy.  It displays files added and deleted since you got an
     older index.  This is useful if you are trying to maintain an archive
     in sync with SIMTEL20.  It can generate output scripts for batch FTP
     processing.

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.IDX, NODESCR.IDX,
     AAAREAD.ME (this file), SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.BAS,
     SIMIBM.DB3 (information on how to use the index with dBASEIII),
     SIMIBM.HDR (PC-File+ database header), SIMIBM.INF (explains the
     fields in the index), SIMDISP.AWK, and SIMDISP.DOC.

PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximate 1-2 week
[...]

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/06/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/28/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files that have a one line description.
     This file is updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more frequently,
     time permitting).

NODESCR.IDX a listing of those files which do not have a description.

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.IDX, NODESCR.IDX,
     AAAREAD.ME (this file), SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.BAS,
     SIMIBM.DB3, SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.INF, SIMDISP.AWK, SIMDISP.DOC,
     and SIMDISP.FOR.  SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximate 1-2 week
     intervals (more frequently, time permitting).

Also available:

QUICKREF.LST a quick reference list to SIMTEL20 MSDOS directories.

SIMCVT.BAS a BASICA/GWBASIC program to convert SIMIBM.IDX to a human-
     readable text file.  See also SIMCVT2.BAS and SIMCVT3.BAS.

SIMCVT.EXC a VM/CMS REXX program to print SIMIBM.IDX

SIMCVT.FOR a VAX/VMS FORTRAN program to print SIMIBM.IDX

SIMCVT.SPS a VAX/VMS SPS program to print SIMIBM.IDX

SIMDISP.AWK an awk script for displaying SIMIBM.IDX in outline form.

SIMDISP.DOC explains how to use SIMDISP.AWK.

SIMIBM.DB3 tells how to use SIMIBM.IDX with dBASEIII.

SIMIBM.HDR a PC-File+ database header for use with SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMIBM.INF information on record structure of SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMRAZ12.ARC a program to merge, shorten, rearrange SIMTEL indices.

SIMTEL31.ARC a program which will import any SIMTEL20 comma-delimited
     catalog file and convert it to a .DBF and allow viewing, searching,
     printing reports, etc.  The user does not need dBASE and all the
     necessary files will be created as they are needed by the program.

FILDIF.ARC a program for comparing a previous copy of PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX
     with a new copy.  It displays files added and deleted since you got an
     older index.  This is useful if you are trying to maintain an archive
     in sync with SIMTEL20.  It can generate output scripts for batch FTP
     processing.

PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX is updated on a daily basis (sometimes several times
     a day when a lot of new files are uploaded).  This file is a comma-
     delimited file, without descriptions, suitable for importing into
     PC-File+ or DBase III.

It's impossible to make a daily updated list with descriptions with the
quantity of new programs available.  We average about 300 new files per
month.

        WHERE TO SEND COMPLAINTS, PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS

Messages about system problems, FTP problems, and network problems
should be directed to ACTION@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the MSDOS collection should be directed to
w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the PC-BLUE collection should be directed to
Wancho@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about problems with BITNET or EARN file servers should be
directed to the system administrator at the server location.  SIMTEL20
does NOT run these servers.

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, & MISC archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@eddie.mit.edu, w8sdz@brl.arpa
BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (11/11/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files that have a one line description.
     This file is updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more frequently,
     time permitting).

NODESCR.IDX a listing of those files which do not have a description.

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.IDX, NODESCR.IDX, AAAREAD.ME
     (this file), SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.BAS, SIMIBM.DB3,
     SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.INF, SIMDISP.AWK, SIMDISP.DOC, and SIMDISP.FOR.
     SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more
[...]

                         DISCLAIMER

Due to the large number of files available, the archive maintainers
cannot possibly attempt to validate the proper operation of the
various programs.  When a program bug is reported, immediate action is
taken to either correct the error or remove the offending program from
the archives.  Still, users must understand that all archive programs
are offered AS IS, and the archive maintainers specifically disclaim
any liability should these programs malfunction or cause damage,
incidental or otherwise.  When testing ANY new software, be certain
that all information stored on disk is backed-up before you start, so
that you can recover if files are damaged or erased.  This is
particularly true if you have a hard disk, in which case malfunctions
can be spectacularly disasterous.

         WHERE TO SEND COMPLAINTS, PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS

Messages about system problems, FTP problems, and network problems
should be directed to ACTION@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the MSDOS collection should be directed to
w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about files in the PC-BLUE collection should be directed to
Wancho@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Messages about problems with BITNET or EARN file servers should be
directed to the system administrator at the server location.  SIMTEL20
does NOT run these servers.

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, & MISC archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@brl.arpa  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (12/10/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files, with a brief one line
description for each file.  This file is updated at approximate 1-2
week intervals (more frequently, time permitting).

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.IDX, AAAREAD.ME (this file),
     SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.BAS, SIMCVT3.EXC, SIMIBM.DB3,
     SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.INF, SIMDISP.AWK, SIMDISP.DOC, and SIMDISP.FOR.
     SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more
     frequently, time permitting).

Also available:

QUICKREF.LST a quick reference list to SIMTEL20 MSDOS directories.

SIMCVT.BAS a BASICA/GWBASIC program to convert SIMIBM.IDX to a human-
     readable text file.  See also SIMCVT2.BAS and SIMCVT3.BAS.

SIMCVT3.EXC a VM/CMS REXX program to print SIMIBM.IDX

[...]

PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX and PD2:<MSDOS2>FILES.IDX are updated on a daily
     basis (sometimes several times a day when a lot of new files are
     uploaded).  These are comma-delimited files, without descriptions,
     suitable for importing into PC-File+ or DBase III.

It's impossible to make a daily updated list with descriptions with the
quantity of new programs available.  We average about 200 new files per

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (12/21/89)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

  A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files, with a brief one line
description for each file.  This file is updated at approximate 1-2
week intervals (more frequently, time permitting).

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.IDX, AAAREAD.ME (this file),
     SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.EXC, SIMIBM.DB3, SIMIBM.HDR,
     SIMIBM.INF, SIMDISP.AWK, SIMDISP.DOC, SIMDISP.PL and SIMCVT.FOR.
     SIMIBM.ARC s updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more
     frequently, time permitting).

Also available:

QUICKREF.LST a quick reference list to SIMTEL20 MSDOS directories.

SIMCVT.BAS and SIMCVT2.BAS are BASICA/GWBASIC programs to convert
     SIMIBM.IDX to a human-readable text file.

SIMCVT3.EXC a VM/CMS REXX program to print SIMIBM.IDX

SIMCVT.FOR a VAX/VMS FORTRAN program to print SIMIBM.IDX

SIMCVT.SPS a VAX/VMS SPS program to print SIMIBM.IDX

SIMDISP.AWK an awk script for displaying SIMIBM.IDX in outline form.

SIMDISP.DOC explains how to use SIMDISP.AWK.

SIMDISP.PL a Pearl script to print SIMTEL20's SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMIBM.DB3 tells how to use SIMIBM.IDX with dBASEIII.

SIMIBM.HDR a PC-File+ database header for use with SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMIBM.INF information on record structure of SIMIBM.IDX.

SIMRAZ12.ARC a program to merge, shorten, rearrange SIMTEL indices.

SIMTEL35.ARC a program which will import any SIMTEL20 comma-delimited
     catalog file and convert it to a .DBF and allow viewing, searching,
     printing reports, etc.  The user does not need dBASE and all the
     necessary files will be created as they are needed by the program.

FILDIF.ARC a program for comparing a previous copy of PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX
     with a new copy.  It displays files added and deleted since you got an
     older index.  This is useful if you are trying to maintain an archive
     in sync with SIMTEL20.  It can generate output scripts for batch FTP
     processing.

PD1:<MSDOS>FILES.IDX and PD2:<MSDOS2>FILES.IDX are updated on a daily
     basis (sometimes several times a day when a lot of new files are
     uploaded).  These are comma-delimited files, without descriptions,
     of the MSDOS and MSDOS2 directories respectively, suitable for

packer@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael A Packer,Knapp Hall,,2928607) (12/22/89)

From article <KPETERSEN.12551889541.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, by w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen):
> The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been
> updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
> version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.
>
>   A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
> PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:
> [...]
> SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.IDX, AAAREAD.ME (this file),
>      SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT3.EXC, SIMIBM.DB3, SIMIBM.HDR,
>      SIMIBM.INF, SIMDISP.AWK, SIMDISP.DOC, SIMDISP.PL and SIMCVT.FOR.
>      SIMIBM.ARC s updated at approximate 1-2 week intervals (more
>      frequently, time permitting).

    How about just ARCing SIMIBM.IDX, for people that download SIMIBM.ARC
on a regular basis the other files included are not really needed and just
take up more time while downloading and transferring.  The other filr
SIMIBM.IDX is about as large, if not larger than SIMIBM.ARC.

Just a thought
mike

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (02/03/90)

The index of SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, with descriptions, has been
updated.  The file is PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.IDX.  An archived
version of the same file is in PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>SIMIBM.ARC.

A list of all files in the MSDOS archives is contained in directory
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS> as follows:

SIMIBM.IDX contains a listing of all files, with a brief one line
description for each file.  This file is updated at approximate 1-2
week intervals (more frequently, time permitting).

SIMIBM.ARC contains the latest SIMIBM.IDX, AAAREAD.ME (this file),
     SIMCVT.BAS, SIMCVT2.BAS, SIMCVT.C, SIMCVT.EXC, SIMIBM.DB3,
     SIMIBM.HDR, SIMIBM.INF, SIMDISP.AWK, SIMDISP.DOC, SIMDISP.PL
     and SIMCVT.FOR.  SIMIBM.ARC is updated at approximate 1-2 week
     intervals (more frequently, time permitting).

Also available:

QUICKREF.LST a quick reference list to SIMTEL20 MSDOS directories.

SIMCVT.BAS and SIMCVT2.BAS are BASICA/GWBASIC programs to convert
     SIMIBM.IDX to a human-readable text file.

SIMCVT.C a Unix C program to print SIMIBM.IDX.

[...]

frotz@drivax.UUCP (Frotz) (02/06/90)

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:

Ditto to the CBIP kudos for the monthly new additions to SIMTEL.  Thanks
a lot!

]          WHERE TO SEND COMPLAINTS, PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS

] Messages about files in the MSDOS collection should be directed to
] w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

] Messages about problems with BITNET or EARN file servers should be
] directed to the system administrator at the server location.  SIMTEL20
] does NOT run these servers.

We are on a relatively obscure node of the net and I find that we have
little or no support for getting at the simtel20 DOS archives.  Specifically,
I am interested in obtaining the UUPC files below:

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.UUCP>
UUPCSRC.ZIP   B  120601  900201  MSDOS uucp, C source for UUPC v1.07g (01/90)
UUPCUSER.ZIP  B  106841  900201  MSDOS uucp, UUPC v1.07g (01/90), many bugfixes

I am not asking you to send these, as you would then be in a position
to do so for a large number of others.  However, I would be interested
in any information that you have concerning UUCP access or UUCP
servers that have FTP access to simtel.  Having seen your AutoFTP
package in CBIPD, surely you will here of someone with both UUCP and
FTP access that intends to set up a UUCP server for simtel.   Any
information would be a great help.

Thanks.  And keep up the good work.

--Frotz @Digital Research, Incorporated		amdahl!drivax!frotz
	 70 Garden Court, B15			(408) 649-3896
	 Monterey, California  93940		Ask for John Fa'atuai