[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Tetris

c60b-op@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (Allen Nehorayoff) (04/25/89)

In article <2724@garth.UUCP> dbarnes@garth.UUCP (Dave Barnes) writes:

>Does anyone regularly get in the 9,000 - 10,000 range with "Nyet"?  If so,
>what clues can you offer, which level do you start from, etc.

i have played many versions of tetris and the one advice i can give for
improving you score is to start at the highest level you can handle or
one level below it.  this is because the higher levels generally score higher
and by playing at the higher levels you will be earning level 8 points for
example.

allen

djm@castle.ed.ac.uk (D Murphy) (02/07/90)

I know this was discussed a while back, but can anyone tell me where I can get
a copy of this for the PC, please ?

Murff...

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (02/07/90)

In article <2051@castle.ed.ac.uk> djm@castle.ed.ac.uk (D Murphy) writes:
>I know this was discussed a while back, but can anyone tell me where I can get
>a copy of this for the PC, please ?

Anonymous ftp site chyde.uwasa.fi, Vaasa, Finland, has a file called
(/pc/games/)nyet.zoo.  It appeared in the binaries about half a year
ago.  There are also many other versions of Tetris in circulation.
Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)