[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Grape

Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu archives c.b.i.p postings.  Grape is a Zenith
Z-248 running a modified version of KA9Q's TCP/IP NET that allows you
to shell out to DOS while still processing packets.  After shelling to
DOS, we run an Opus BBS.  The particulars:

ZIP: Version 1.01 required.  Versions 0.90 and 0.92 do NOT work.
FTP: grape.ecs.clarkson.edu [128.153.13.196], user anonymous, password guest.
     00readme for timely information.
     /d/general/pkzip101.exe for Phil Katz's shareware ZIPper
     /d/general/dezip20.com for a FREE unzipper.
     /d/general/cuhug.lst for a listing of files w/ descriptions.
     /c/allfiles for a listing of all files.
     /c/bin[123]/*.* for c.b.i.p postings [under renovation]
     /e/bin4/*.* for c.b.i.p postings [under renovation]
     /d/graphics/pa.zip for Painter's Apprentice
     /d/dosutil/postprn.zip for the PostScript device driver
     /e/freemacs/*.* for Freemacs
     /g/gif/*.gif for .GIF images.
     /f/games/*.* for Simtel20's games.
Opus: 260/360 in the Nodelist.  (315)268-6667, 8N1, 1200/2400 Baud, 24 hours.
     file area 7 for PostPrn.
     file area 12 for Painter's Apprentice
     file area 23 for Simtel20's games.
     file area 25 for Freemacs
     file area 26 for c.b.i.p postings.
     file area 27 for .GIF images.

Mail questions to root@grape.ecs.clarkson.edu

Other comp.binaries.ibm.pc archives:

There is a new comp.binaries.ibm.pc archive at tau.sm.luth.se (130.240.0.3)
currently there are just volumes v04 and v05 there but when I find the
tape I'm going to put v01-v03 there also.

pub/pc/c.b.i.p/v0*

				jem
Jan Erik Mostr|m    jem@sm.luth.se (ARPA  : jem%sm.luth.se@ucbvax.berkeley.edu)
Univ. of Lulea,Sweden              (Bitnet: jem%sm.luth.se@sekth.bitnet)

Plains.nodak.edu (134.129.111.64) has informal archives of
comp.binaries.ibm.pc, comp.sys.mac and others.

--
		Glen Overby	<ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby (UUCP)	ncoverby@ndsuvax (Bitnet)

pdn@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Paul Nanson) (12/17/89)

In article <NELSON.89Dec15220357@image.clarkson.edu>, nelson@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
> Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu archives c.b.i.p postings.  Grape is a Zenith
> Z-248 running a modified version of KA9Q's TCP/IP NET that allows you
> to shell out to DOS while still processing packets.  After shelling to
> DOS, we run an Opus BBS.  The particulars:
>
> [etc]
>
> --russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])

Do any of these sites run mail servers for those of us without ftp?

--

Paul Nanson

In article <10616@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> pdn@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Paul Nanson) writes:

   In article <NELSON.89Dec15220357@image.clarkson.edu>, nelson@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
   > Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu archives c.b.i.p postings.  Grape is a Zenith
   > Z-248 running a modified version of KA9Q's TCP/IP NET that allows you
   > to shell out to DOS while still processing packets.  After shelling to
   > DOS, we run an Opus BBS.  The particulars:
   >
   > [etc]
   >
   > --russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])

   Do any of these sites run mail servers for those of us without ftp?

Simtel20 does.  If you want to write one for a MS-LOSS environment, I'd
be glad to install it.  Until then, you can call grape by phone and download
software.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])
Live up to the light thou hast, and more will be granted thee.
A recession now appears more than 2 years away -- John D. Mathon, 4 Oct 1989.
I think killing is value-neutral in and of itself. -- Gary Strand, 8 Nov 1989.
Liberals run this country, by and large. -- Clayton Cramer, 20 Nov 1989.
Shut up and mind your Canadian business, you meddlesome foreigner. -- TK, 23 N.

nelson@IMAGE.SOE.CLARKSON.EDU (Russ Nelson) (02/07/90)

I just put a Racal/Interlan ni6510 card into Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu.  This is
a bus mastering sixteen bit Ethernet card, which was donated to Clarkson by
Racal/Interlan (thanks, guys!).  I can see the difference already, just in the
amount of time the disk light stays on.  The only remaining problem with
grape is that it doesn't time out stale connections.  I'm working on it.

The 00readme file on grape follows:
Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu is a Zenith Z-248 running a modified version
of KA9Q's TCP/IP NET that allows you to shell out to DOS while still
processing packets.  After shelling to DOS, we run an Opus BBS.  The
particulars:

Almost all files are stored in .ZIP format.  A .ZIP file contains a group
of files that have been compressed to save space.  You need an unzipper
to access these files.  Either PKzip102 or dezip20 will suffice.

A catalog of all files on grape is in /d/general/catalog.zip.

ZIP: Version 1.01+ required.  Versions 0.90 and 0.92 do NOT work.
FTP: grape.ecs.clarkson.edu [128.153.13.196], any username&&password will work.
     00readme for timely information.
     /d/general/pkzip102.exe for Phil Katz's shareware ZIPper
     /d/general/dezip20.com for a FREE unzipper.
     /d/general/catalog.zip for the software catalog.
     /c/bin[123]/*.* for c.b.i.p postings [under renovation]
     /e/bin[45]/*.* for c.b.i.p postings [under renovation]
     /d/graphics/pa.zip for Painter's Apprentice
     /d/dosutil/postprn.zip for the PostScript device driver
     /e/freemacs/*.* for Freemacs
     /g/gif/*.gif for .GIF images.
     /f/games/*.* for Simtel20's games.
Opus: 260/360 in the Nodelist.  (315)268-6667, 8N1, 1200/2400 Baud, 24 hours.
     file area 7 for PostPrn.
     file area 12 for Painter's Apprentice
     file area 23 for Simtel20's games.
     file area 25 for Freemacs
     file area 26 for c.b.i.p postings.
     file area 27 for .GIF images.

Mail questions to root@grape.ecs.clarkson.edu
--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
Violence never solves problems, it just changes them into more subtle problems