[net.games.trivia] Paul is Dead

ddw@cornell.UUCP (05/28/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 beta 3/9/83; site cornell.UUCP
Date:Sat, 28-May-83 15:25:42 EDT
Sender:ddw@cornell.UUCP
Organization:Cornell Computer Science

I believe that this whole business was originally started by a bunch of
Midwestern disk jockies, but I was only in 8th grade when the craze was
at its height, so I could be wrong.  I do seem to recall hearing the
"turn me on, dead man" segment that was on one of the Beatle albums if
you played it backwards.

I can contribute one other piece of information:  the reason why Paul is
not facing the camera on the back cover of "Sgt. Pepper."  The reason (I
heard this on a local Beatles program) is that the person in the photo is
*not* Paul, who was unable to make it to the photo session.  They got some
sort of stand-in for the session, but of course could not have him face
the camera.

                                 David Wright

                                 {vax135|decvax|purdue}!cornell!ddw
                                 ddw@cornell