Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site crystal.ARPA
Date:Thu, 26-May-83 16:33:25 EDT
Organization:U of Wisconsin CS Dept

There's a short story by James Thurber (I forget the name) that was written
sometime in the 50's (I think).  In this story, a newspaper reporter goes
to interview a hermit on a desert island, but the hermit spends most of
the time interviewing the reporter.  The last question the hermit shouts
at the reporter as his boat is leaving the island is "What's this I
hear about the Philadelphia Athletics moving to Kansas City?"
--
	Marvin Solomon
	Computer Sciences Department

kpk@5941ux.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 15:10:13 EDT

How soon they forget...

Boston - Milwalkee - Atlanta Braves
Philly - Kansas City - Oakland A's
Washington Senators(I) - Minnesota Twins
Washington Senators(II) - Texas Rangers
St. Louis Browns - Baltimore Orioles
Brooklyn - Los Angeles Dodgers
NY - San Fransisco Giants
Seatle Pilots - Milwalkee Brewers
There may be more

Mineapolis - Los Angeles Lakers
Buffalo Braves - San Diego Clippers
Philadelphia - San Fransisco - Golden State Warriors
NY - NJ Nets
San Diego - Houston Rockets

Chicago - St. Louis Cardnials (football)
Oakland - Los Angeles Raiders
NY - NJ Giants (well, technically)

Boston - New England - Hartford Whalers
Kansas City Scouts - Colorado Rockies - NJ Devils
Cleveland Barons - Minnesota North Stars (a merger, actually)
Atlanta - Calgary Flames
Oakland Seals - ?

mjl@ritcv.UUCP (06/01/83)

Not to be forgotten:

Rochester Royals -> Cincinnati Royals -> ?
Syracuse Nationals -> Philadelphia 76'ers

Mike Lutz
{seismo,allegra}!rochester!ritcv!mjl