[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] window386

wchung@eedsp.gatech.edu (Wilson Chung) (02/11/90)

Wilson Chung
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332-0250
Georgia Tech, PO Box 35285, Atlanta, GA  30332-0250
USENET: ...!{allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,ulysses}!gatech!gt-eedsp!$me
INTERNET: wchung@eedsp.gatech.edu

Greeting Anyone:
	I have some problem in running any exe, com, or bat files
in window386.   Except for the exe files that is in window386 itself runs,
all other fails.  For example, I try to run the basic or basica in dos
within the window environment, but it give me error as
386 window not correctly installed!  So I tried to install it over again but
it still does'nt work.   So as a last resort I use pifedit to change pif files
of basic and basica and try running the pif instead, but it fails again.
This is probably a simple question, but I refer back to my window user's manual
but it does not help me in any well.
Can someone tell me what's going on?  Or the next thing I'll call up microsoft
for answers.

   _  /|
   \'o.O'      wchung@eedsp.gatech.edu (Wilson C. Chung)
   =(___)=
  Ack! Phht!

gerten@uklirb.informatik.uni-kl.de (Rainer Gerten) (02/16/90)

In <748@eedsp.eedsp.gatech.edu> wchung@eedsp.gatech.edu (W. Chung) writes:
>	I have some problem in running any exe, com, or bat files
>in window386.   Except for the exe files that is in window386 itself runs,
>all other fails.  For example, I try to run the basic or basica in dos
>within the window environment, but it give me error as
>386 window not correctly installed!  So I tried to install it over again but
>it still does'nt work.   So as a last resort I use pifedit to change pif files
>of basic and basica and try running the pif instead, but it fails again.

This problem occurs, when you start windows 386 without the virtual
machine manager. This means, you have to start with "win386", not
with "win" or "win86". If this doesn't help, check if there are
the needed boot-files available (win86, win386, win.ini etc.)

Rainer Gerten
University of Kaiserslautern
Federal Republic of Germany
mail: gerten@uklirb.informatik.uni-kl.de