[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] GIF to RAW

ran@ivax.doc.ic.ac.uk.doc.ic.ac.uk (Robert A Nicholls) (02/16/90)

Is there a program that will convert a GIF (or TIFF, CUT etc) encoded image
into its raw state, ie a file of 1 byte = 1 pixel, or something similar?

PicLab 1.5 seems to have this feature but when I set the file format to RAW
and issue a SAVE command, nothing happens. It will load RAW images and it will
save to other formats, but I can not get it to save to RAW. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bob.

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (02/19/90)

In article <1604@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> ran@doc.ic.ac.uk (Robert A Nicholls) writes:
>Is there a program that will convert a GIF (or TIFF, CUT etc) encoded image
>into its raw state, ie a file of 1 byte = 1 pixel, or something similar?
>
>PicLab 1.5 seems to have this feature but when I set the file format to RAW
>and issue a SAVE command, nothing happens. It will load RAW images and it will
>save to other formats, but I can not get it to save to RAW. Any ideas?

PicLab is GREAT, but this is indeed one of the problems
I've encountered.

PicLab v. 1.5 is a couple of months old; does anybody
know if ther's a newer version somewhere? (It isn't on
Simtel.)

Thanks,

Michael
msschaa@cs.vu.nl