[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] AM446.ARC

hlb@loral.UUCP (02/21/90)

I have downloaded the above from simtel and it contains AM446.EXE however
when executing the program it fails because it cannot find AM44.EXE.

The docs even say that the executable portion is AM44.EXE.  Has anyone else
tried and/or solved this ?

hlb@loral.cts.com

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jason Merrill) (02/23/90)

In article <2445@loral.UUCP> hlb@loral.UUCP writes:

>I have downloaded the above from simtel and it contains AM446.EXE however
>when executing the program it fails because it cannot find AM44.EXE.
>
>The docs even say that the executable portion is AM44.EXE.  Has anyone else
>tried and/or solved this ?

AM446 was written in a recent version of Turbo Pascal, it seems -- its
overlays are contained within the program itself.  Unfortunately, the
program in the archive has a different name from the one it looks for to
find its overlays...just rename AM446.EXE to AM44.EXE and your problem will
be solved.

--
Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu

gobran@ecs.umass.edu (02/25/90)

In article <2445@loral.UUCP>, hlb@loral.UUCP writes:
> I have downloaded the above from simtel and it contains AM446.EXE however
> when executing the program it fails because it cannot find AM44.EXE.
>
> The docs even say that the executable portion is AM44.EXE.  Has anyone else
> tried and/or solved this ?
>
> hlb@loral.cts.com

	I just renamed the executable to AM44.EXE and it seemed to work
fine.

Dave Gobran	gobran@umaecs	gobran@ecs.umass.edu