[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] How to order SIMTEL20 files by email

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (02/26/90)

Files from the MSDOS archives at SIMTEL20 may be ordered by email.
LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU is the address for uucp, CSNet, and Internet
users who cannot FTP.  It's reachable from ANY uucp site that is also
on the Internet.

Examples: uunet!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
           ames!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
         ucbvax!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
        rutgers!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
      uw-beaver!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
        harvard!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
         gatech!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
            att!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv
           arpa!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv

If you are not sure of the correct path to use, send email to me and
I will tell you what your best path is.

Messages to the server must NOT include a signature in the body of the
message.  That confuses the server.

To receive instructions on how to use the server, send a message with
anything in the subject field and the following in the message body:

GET PDGET HELP

If you are in Europe, you should use the EARN servers.  Send a message
to me for instructions.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, & MISC archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (02/27/90)

In article <KPETERSEN.12569219815.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:
>Files from the MSDOS archives at SIMTEL20 may be ordered by email.
>LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU is the address for uucp, CSNet, and Internet
>users who cannot FTP.  It's reachable from ANY uucp site that is also
>on the Internet.

At the risk of helping to swamp one of my best sources of ibm binaries,
here's a the script I use on my BDS 4.3 host to retrieve things from
nodak.  It's called "nodget" and I have it in $HOME/.bin.

	cat << EndOfFile > $HOME/.bin/nodtemp
	To: listserv@vm1.nodak.edu
	Fcc: nodget

	/PDGET  MAIL ${1} ( UUENCODE
	EndOfFile
	send -push $HOME/.bin/nodtemp

It's invoked something like;

	nodget 'pd1:<msdos.zip>dezip20.arc'

which constructs the request, sends it, and leaves a copy in a
special mailbox for me to verify/remember the request.

kEITHe