[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Editor For Gif Pictures???

fritz@ecs.umass.edu (02/27/90)

Does anyone know of Publisher program that can read in GIF files and allow you
to edit them???  I'm really interested in editing some GIF files and adding
to them as well.

Thanks
Brian Fritz
FRITZ@UMAECS

a864@mindlink.UUCP (Jono Moore) (03/05/90)

> fritz writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <9218.25ea9889@ecs.umass.edu>
>
> Does anyone know of Publisher program that can read in GIF files and allow
> you
> to edit them???  I'm really interested in editing some GIF files and adding
> to them as well.
>
> Thanks
> Brian Fritz
> FRITZ@UMAECS

Both VPIC and VGAIMG will convert GIFs to a host of other picture formats.

Right now my room mate and I use Deluxe Paint II Enhanced on GIFs.  First
converting them to either PCX or LBM (can't remember off hand).

So you would be able to do the same for DTP programs.

Hope that helps. :)
--
{a864,Jono_Moore}@mindlink.UUCP  >or<  BITNET: usernk1z@sfu
(604) 983-3189 (voice)               INTERNET: Jono_Moore@cc.sfu.ca

MBT3@psuvm.psu.edu (Mike Tierney) (03/06/90)

In article <9218.25ea9889@ecs.umass.edu>, fritz@ecs.umass.edu says:

>Does anyone know of Publisher program that can read in GIF files and allow you
>to edit them???  I'm really interested in editing some GIF files and adding
>to them as well.

     DPAINT has an easy to use "Camera" program that can take a "picture" of
a GIF picture and then transfer it into a paint frame for editing.  It works
pretty well, but the color selection is a bit limited.

Mike