[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Un-format?

ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) (03/16/90)

In article <2405@milton.acs.washington.edu> aesop@milton.acs.washington.edu (Jeff Boscole) writes:

>Secondly:  I have heard of the program that will "unformat" a hard drive,
>since there are many ways and levels of formatting a hard drive.  Is there
>a program that will "unformat" a floppy disk that was accidentally
>reformatted?

PC Tools claims to do this if you have originally formatted the disk with
PC Tools! Good Luck!		-ted-

ted@helios.ucsc.edu         | "The opinions are mine...
(408)459-2110               |    ...the facts are public domain."

szurek@ns.network.com (Don M. Szurek) (03/17/90)

I have successfully used PCtools Unformat option to recover a disk
that had not had Mirror used on it.  The only limitation was that
it did not recover files in the root.  About 90% of the files on
the disk were recovered.