[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] v06i028: Telix, part 1

dmm0t@hudson.acc.virginia.edu (David M. Meyer) (03/16/90)

In article <1873@borabora.omni.com> bob@omni.com (Bob Weissman) writes:
>Is there anybody out there who can save us all a lot of bother by
>succinctly enumerating the differences between Telix and Procomm Plus?

I've only used the PD version of Procomm, so maybe what I have to say
doesn't necessary apply, but...
	1) Telix has a much better script language; it's more versatile
and easier to use.

	2) Telix is faster.  I don't know if it still does, but Procomm
used to have a really annoying quarter-second delay before it would do
anything.  Telix does not - the scripts run faster, video and disk
operations are faster, and so on.

	3) Procomm has more features, e.g. it can emulate some terminals
that Telix can't.

My recommendation:  give Telix a try.  It's the best comm program for
BBS use that I've ever come across (commercial programs included).  For
more serious use, it is still very good; considering the price, it is
absolutely amazing.  (PLUG:  I forget what Colin asks for registration,
but if you use Telix, you ought to register.  It's well worth $20 or
whatever he wants).

Dave Meyer

MBT3@psuvm.psu.edu (Mike Tierney) (03/16/90)

So where can I get a copy of this amazing telecommunications package? :)

Mike.

jaye@intermec.UUCP (Jaye Jarchow x2735) (03/17/90)

>Telix is a shareware communications program for MS-DOS written by Colin
>Sampaleanu (sp?).  It has all the features you would expect in a professional

I never received part 1 of Telix.  Could someone please post or mail it
again?

Thanks

Jaye

MBT3@psuvm.psu.edu (Mike Tierney) (03/17/90)

I apparently missed the entire seven part series, here.. I just looked, and
it's already been purged from my site... could someone send or post it or even
make it available over FTP?  Thanks in advance,

Mike Tierney                                                    MBT3@PSUVM

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (03/17/90)

MBT3@psuvm.psu.edu (Mike Tierney) writes:
>I apparently missed the entire seven part series, here.. I just looked, and
>it's already been purged from my site... could someone send or post it or even
>make it available over FTP?  Thanks in advance,

On SIMTEL20:

Directory PD2:<MSDOS2.TELIX>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
TLX312-1.ARC  B  205048  891211  Telix 3.12 comm pgm executable & support files
TLX312-2.ARC  B  125990  891211  Telix 3.12 comm pgm docs/host/scripts/dialconv
TLX312-3.ARC  B   84930  891211  Telix 3.12 comm pgm. SALT script lang. and doc
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC, & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]