[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Printing Postscript files on Dot Matrix

jharper@carina.unm.edu (Jeff) (03/27/90)

I'm trying to find a way to print a Postscript file on a Epson dot matrix
printer. Does anybody know if it is possible? If so, is there something
available in user domain maybe in the form of a device driver, conversion
program, or whatever that can do it. Also, would Ghostscript do it? I've
never tried it. I would appreciate any information that could help me solve
this problem. I have FTP access. I'll post a followup if I get enough

				- Jeff

 EMAIL: jharper@carina.unm.edu                |  # /bin/csh
                                              |  if ( -e flame ) then
 "A stitch in time takes up space.."          |  fire_hose > flame
     The Doctor - "Delta and the Bannerman"   |  endif

rbk@cbnewsk.ATT.COM (R. Brad Kummer) (03/28/90)

In article <2070@ariel.unm.edu> jharper@carina.unm.edu (Jeff) writes:
>I'm trying to find a way to print a Postscript file on a Epson dot matrix
>printer. Does anybody know if it is possible? If so, is there something
>available in user domain ...

There is a very nice commercial package called GoScript from LaserGo, Inc.
for printing PostScript files on dot matrix, ink jet and LaserJet printers.
It works quite well on my Panasonic KX-P1124.  Unfortunately, it is a bit
pricey -- discount price is about $120 for the standard version and $250
for the "Plus" version which supports more fonts.

	R. Brad Kummer
	att!akguc!rbk
	AT&T Bell Laboratories, Atlanta, GA