[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Compiled Stevie for the PC

batman@watsci.uwaterloo.ca (Marcell Stoer) (03/29/90)

I'm looking for a compiled copy of Stevie to run on the PC.  I've tried to
compile it myself, but I seem to be missing some things or something else
strange is happening.  Anyhow, I don't have the time, so if anyone has
a working copy of the most recent versio, could uou please send me a copy.
I'd be most grateful.
thanks,
	marcell

--
     Marcell               BITNET : Batman@Watsci.uwaterloo.ca

           "Nag, nag, nag !"  C. E.

jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) (03/30/90)

In article <1662@watserv1.waterloo.edu> batman@watsci.uwaterloo.ca (Marcell Stoer) writes:
>I'm looking for a compiled copy of Stevie to run on the PC.  I've tried to
>compile it myself, but I seem to be missing some things or something else
>strange is happening.  Anyhow, I don't have the time, so if anyone has
>a working copy of the most recent versio, could uou please send me a copy.

I just downloaded an executable of stevie from wuarchive.wustl.edu from the
/mirrors/msdos/editor directory.  This is presumably the same file that is
on SIMTEL20.  I tried it out, and it seems to work ok.  I haven't really
beat on it, but it seems to have everything that I use when I'm in vi on
our Unix system at school.  It doesn't support the cursor arrow keys on my
keyboard.  I haven't found out if there is a way to bind those keys.

--
John Dudeck                           "You want to read the code closely..."
jdudeck@Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu             -- C. Staley, in OS course, teaching