[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] STONED VIRUS -- need an antidote

scs2635@cec1.wustl.edu (Sean Cronin Starkey) (04/10/90)

In article <1990Apr9.172921.18652@stretch.cs.mun.ca> tony4@stretch.cs.mun.ca (Anthony H. Galway) writes:

>My machine is infected with the STONED virus and I need an antidote
>*immediately*. If some kind person could send me one, or tell me how
>to fix it I would be forever in their debt.

This is a big problem at our school.  CLEANP60.ZIP from wuarchive.wustl.edu
(128.252.135.4) in the /systems/ibmpc/msdos/trojan-pro directory will clear
things up for you.  This file (or the lastest update) is also available at
Simtel bu wuarchive is less busy.

#    Sean Starkey   }:>    Washington University    scs2635@cec2.wustl.edu    #
#    6926 Millbrook Blvd. 3-204           1761 Happ Road                      #
#    St. Louis, MO  63130                 Northbrook, IL  60062               #
#    (314) 862-7042                       (708) 272-2636                      #

doug@hokulea.hig.hawaii.edu (Doug Myhre) (04/11/90)

In article <1990Apr10.152742.15973@cec1.wustl.edu> scs2635@cec1.wustl.edu (Sean Cronin Starkey) writes:
>This is a big problem at our school.

This hit someone in our building too.  He traced it to a diskette someone
had given him from the mainland.  We don't believe that person knew he was
passing on the virus.

doug myhre <doug@hokulea.soest.hawaii.edu>
Hawaii Institute of Geophysics
Research Computing Facility